"I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession." Psalm 2:7-8 Join with us in 2019, as we together, ask the Lord to make the nations our inheritance for his glory.
We pray for you, that Father will be a hedge of protection around you and will be your vanguard, your rear guard and protection for your flanks. Be blessed dear brothers and sisters.
"Is. 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Sandy and I would love to hear from you. At the bottom of your Praelude20/20 email or text there is a response button. Just press that button to share with us how you are doing and how we can pray for you.. Also, please remember to press the URL on your Smartphone or the URL at the bottom of your email message. This lets us know that you indeed are praying with us.
"I must awake to my dangerous state, and never be at rest till I have made my peace with God. My heart is so hard, my blindness so great, that I cannot get a due hatred of sin, though I see I am all corrupt, and blinded to the perception of spiritual things." Wilberforce
My verse for 2019... Matthew 11: 29-30... "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
"Does praise seem too small a reason to have been born?" Calvin Miller
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” ― C.S. Lewis
Prayer Requests for Week 6/22
1. Let's pray together for the people of Istanbul, Turkey this week as they experience a re-vote for their mayor. There is a strong possibility that his tenure could be ended by a more moderate contender. Twenty-one people are officially running for mayor but the race is essentially between two men: Ekrem Imamoglu and Binali Yildirim. Imamoglu is the more moderate candidate. Should he win this would cause a shift in Turkey's political climate. Turkey has increasingly become more Islamic. Many Christians have been persecuted and churches have been closed. Pray that God's will is done in this critical election.
2. Pray for our COTR team this week. We have been asked to vacate the COTR team apartment by the landlord. He is claiming that we have not paid the rent in 5 months so we must leave. I know that is not true, since I am the one actually paying the monthly rent. Please pray that this would not be a distraction from our work in Frankfurt this next week.
3. Please pray for Frankfurt as Father is drawing many organizational HQ’s to move into the city. It has been interesting to watch as each has tried to take a little bit of ownership of the COTR team and strategy. What the Lord is doing through COTR right now is truly staggering. Everyone wants to be associated with it. My fear is that it will prove distracting. Pray that we will serve and enter into relationships that are healthy, sustainable and led by the Holy Spirit.
4. Please pray for Sandy and me as we get home this week. We are tired and in need of physical and spiritual rejuvenation.
5. Please pray for our sweet daughter in law, Ella as she celebrates her birthday on Friday, the 28th. Pray that this next year will be one filled with wonder and blessing as she continues to grow in her relationship with Amir and in her understanding of how Father desires to work in and through her life. We are very thankful for her.
6. Please pray for Amir as he continues to struggle with difficult emotions as a result of the many ways he has been perscuted over the years because of his faith. He especially misses his family. Please join us as we ask Father for complete healing for him. Pray also for Ella as she is a comfort to him but often doesn't know how to fully help him.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/15
1. Our Church on the Road team is in the midst of two very busy weeks in Germany. This past week they held an Orality Training with E3 Partners. Our semi-literate workers were trained to share the Gospel using the stories of the Bible. Many do not read well, so teaching them the stories of the Bible orally is hugely significant. Pray for the team, as this week they are hosting 34 short-term workers from the USA, Korea and Germany as they share daily the Good News with Muslim refugees. Pray for courage and protection and that many will come to faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Pray with us specifically for Amir and Ella during this week as it will be especially taxing on them because they will work day and night to ensure that all are cared for and that the Gospel goes forth.
3. Please continue to pray together with Sandy and me for the situation in Iran. It appears that the Iranian Republican Guards detonated an explosive on a civilian oil tanker... then denied it. The US Central Command (CENTCOM) has video of the event. Pray that somehow the US and its allies along with Iran and its allies will come to a peaceful resolution. Only a miracle from God will cause both sides to humble themselves and find peace.
4. Please pray for me as I will be flying to Houston for the day on Tuesday. I will be going to a very important meeting that will unlock some wonderful opportunities for the future. Please pray for favor and for safety as I travel.
5. Please pray for Sandy and me as we drive to Anderson, SC to help Tiffany with the kids as she has oral surgery this next Thursday. We will be driving there on Wednesday. Please pray for us, for safety and that we will be very helpful and encouraging to Tiffany and the children.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/8
1. Please join us in prayer as the Church on the Road team begins two weeks of intensive outreaches in Darmstadt, Germany. We will have American and Korean teams, along with our refugees sharing the Good News to Muslims. Please pray that the Good News will pour from their lips and that many will hear and respond with humility to the love of Christ.
2. Please pray with us for Mo and our teammates in Strasbourg, France. They have many new believers and are seeing many disciples mature. Pray for devotion to God's Word, worship and for the Gospel.
3. Let's join our hearts together to pray for the people of Venezuela. The borders have been reopened. An estimated 5,000 Venezuelans are leaving the country each day. Let's pray that they will find safety and peace and that the Lord will bring healing to that country.
4. Please continue to pray for Tiffany. (The 14th is her birthday.) Pray that she will experience Father's overwhelming presence as she continues to deal with extremely important and sensitive issues concerning the safety of her three children.
5. Please pray for Sandy and me this week as we get caught up after a wonderful week with our grandkids. Pray that we will focus on all Father has assigned to us, that we will be free from distractions and that we will have energy and perseverance.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/1
1. This is a big week for Sandy and me. We will have our granddaughter, Elle visiting. After a few days, our granddaughters, Jane and Lucy will join us. We will get to visit with their parents later in the week, Abby and Mason, Summer and Chad. How we love our children and grandchildren! Please pray for the safety of each of our family members as they travel. Please pray that we will bless and encourage each one according to their needs.
2. Please pray for Amir and me as we develop ministry opportunities spanning from Europe to Pakistan. We are believing the Lord for a chance to minister to hundreds of Maddrasah (Koran school) students. Pray with us as we develop the plan and build its support base. Pray that Father’s will is done.
3. Let’s pray together for all the families who lost loved ones through the senseless killings this week at Virginia Beach. Let’s also pray for the family of DeWayne Craddock, the enraged shooter.
4. Please pray with us this week as Sandy and I are asking Father to show us our next steps in making new disciples, especially among those who have a desire for seeing the Gospel extend to all the nations so that the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus will be completed.
5. Please pray with us for our daughter, Tiffany and for the children. There was an incident with the children’s dad recently which has halted all his visitation privileges for the next 90 days. Tiffany will be in court this week to seek a restructuring of the children’s visitation schedule with their dad. She is concerned for their safety. Please pray for healing for the children and for their dad. Please pray for only the best decisions to be made on behalf of the children. Please pray for peace for Tiffany.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/25
1. I am in Germany. Please pray for Sandy and me as we are apart until Thursday night. Somehow it gets increasingly more difficult to be separated from one another, the longer we are married.
2. Please rejoice with us over Amir's new job with "Open Doors." We are so happy for him and Ella. His new job provides about 60% of their family's needed income. Will you pray with us that Father will provide the additional 40% soon?
3. Let's join our hearts to pray for the British Prime Minister, Theresa May as she steps down this week from her role. Let's pray together for the British Conservative Party leadership as they select a new Prime Minister for their country.
4. Pray with us as I will be a speaker in the Korean Silk Road Forum in Frankfurt this week. I will be speaking from John 12:24.."Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed." I will be sharing how our Father alone brings new life and how this new life only comes through our dying. Pray for my lips and for their hearts, that Christ would be lifted up.
5. Continue to pray with us for the salvation of Muslim refugees as we continue our outreach and follow-up this next week. Pray especially for our fifteen new brothers and sisters who will now begin a lifetime of discipleship and disciple-making. Pray that they will stand tall as the persecution will begin soon for many of them.
6. Sandy has set aside 3.5 days during this week in order to work on her book project. Please pray that God will work through her and that she will rely on Him. Pray that she will relax, listen and follow through as she works.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/18
1. Please continue to pray for peace in the Middle East. Apart from God's hand of mercy, it would be easy for war to break out soon there. The Iranians are preparing for war and the US continues to build up its force structure in the region. See my latest two issues of More than Meets the Eye for a better understanding of what is happening.
2. Please pray for Brad and Rebekah as they have postponed their wedding. They are working through what is in their immediate future. Pray that they will focus on Christ as they make plans, not leaning on their own understanding or emotions.
3. Please continue to pray for Amir and Ella as they seek to understand Father's will for their employment for the future. They are asking the Lord to provide for them so that they can continue full-time with Church on the Road.
4. Please remember our sweet daughter, Abigail this week as she has some serious medical considerations, concerning her liver and thyroid. Pray with us for her complete healing.
5. Please pray with us as I fly to Germany this week. Pray that I will encourage the leadership team especially as we begin our summer outreach schedule with an event called, Love Wiesbaden! We are asking the Lord to allow us to share the Gospel with 1500 Muslim refugees during this outreach. Many of our disciples, along with brothers and sisters from Germany, Korea and the US will be participating in the outreach.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/11
If you need to change your prayer slot because your schedule has changed that is not a problem. Just cancel your current time slot with the cancel button on the right and then re-sign up, immediately, selecting your new time slot.
1. Please pray for Sandy this week as she grieves the death of a very close relative, Great Aunt Mildred. Sandy loved her dearly. We will be attending the funeral on Mothers Day. Pray for comfort for her family.
2. Please continue to pray for both our mothers. Sandy's mother is healing from her fall which resulted in a broken nose. My mom is still in the rehabilitation hospital recovering from a stroke. Pray for their healing, but also that they will continue to see the immense value and purpose their lives still hold.
3. Please pray for our Church on the Road leaders. This next week they will start their summer outreach season. Teams from the USA, Canada, Germany and Korea will begin arriving for some rather intense outreaches. Pray that the Gospel will be sown fruitfully and that many refugees will not only give ear, but that they will give their lives to Jesus Christ.
4. Please pray for Brad as he prepares for his wedding to Rebekah on June 1st. They are excited about a life of ministry and growth together. Pray that all their plans come together and that they will have a Christ honoring ceremony as many lost people will be there.
5. Please continue to pray with us for Amir and Ella. We will soon be asking others to join them as ministry partners as they both continue to move forward in a full-time ministry. Several of you have already asked how you can join them. Just send me a note and I will gladly share that with you.
6. Please pray for Sandy and me as we drive to Atlanta this week for a meeting with our Ministry Advisory Group. It will be a sweet time of fellowship, reporting and vision-casting. Pray for safe travels for all of us and that we would hear God's voice together.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/4
1. Please pray for Amir. He is in Prague this week representing the Church on the Road at a European organizational leader's meeting. Pray that he will be encouraged and that he will be encouraging. Amir tends to think God-sized. He has God-sized visions. Each time he shares what he believes the Lord is saying, older more mature brothers tend to pat him on the head and try to bring him back to earth. It discourages him. Pray that he will not be intimidated by pedestrian thinking and that he will graciously stand his ground.
2. Please continue to pray for our grandchildren, Oliver, Oceana and Oakley. The required visitations they have with their dad have been difficult lately and confusing for them. Please ask God to protect them in every way. Pray they will learn early to trust in and depend on God.
3. Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Ouagadougou, (Oh-wa-go-da-gu) Burkina Faso. Six people, including a pastor were killed in an attack on a Christian church this past weekend. Let's pray for comfort for the ones who remain and for peace for them as they live under the constant threat of more attacks.
4. Please pray for our sister, Gloria. She was very encouraged after a huge concert last week. She rehearsed with refugee musicians all week. Then they performed together for a large audience. She has made many new friends most of whom are desperately seeking for peace and grace. Pray that Father will reveal Himself through our sister and that many will come to faith in Jesus Christ through her testimony.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/27
1. My mom had a stroke on Sunday morning. She is now in a rehabilitation center as she recovers. She is partially paralyzed on her right side. Please pray with us that she will recover well; also that this will serve as a wake-up call for her to re-focus the remainder of her days with Christ-like purpose and meaning.
2. Would you thank the Lord with us for these past 60 years? My birthday is Thursday and I am so grateful for the life God has given to me. It feels a bit Forrest Gump-ish in nature as I have been blessed way beyond anything I could ever have expected and have been able to do things and go places that were way beyond anything I might have ever dreamed of as a boy. I know that my favor and strength comes from our Father. Pray with me that I would run through the finish line and that I would not slow down in pursuing our dear Jesus and his purposes until the day I draw my last breath.
3. Pray with us concerning a phone call that I am scheduled to have this week with Amir, Ella and a local German pastor, also a good friend. We will be discussing bringing the Church on the Road into a deeper partnership with their church. It is becoming too big and stressful to run a non-profit ministry (COTR) in Germany. The rules are strict and the paperwork is extensive. Partnering with this church could relieve some stress and give them freedom to do more of what they are called to do. It seems like a win-win to me. Pray with us that if this is God's desire, that it would happen the right way and that all who are involved would embrace the decision.
4. Please pray with us for the people of Somalia. Somalia has been plagued by ongoing conflict for decades. Precipitated by instability and insecurity, and combined with persistent natural disasters, the crisis has left over 2.6 million Somalis internally displaced and 870,000 registered as refugees. Pray for peace and hope in Somalia.
5. Please continue to pray for our dear friend, Rick as he recovers from heart surgery.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/20
1. Please continue to pray with us for Amir and Ella. They are experiencing the rigors of the refugee life, high tempo ministry, financial strain and a new marriage. Pray that Father will draw them close, making Himself known to them in a personal new way, so that they will be greatly encouraged.
2. Pray for a Korean outreach team that is working with the Church on the Road team this week. They are ministering to refugees on the street as well as in camps. Pray that many will hear the Good News and will turn to our Lord Jesus.
3. Would you pray with us for the Praelude 20/20 prayer ministry? We need your partnership through prayer and investment more than ever. These are tenuous times. The evil one wants to sift our work like wheat. We are so grateful for you and continue to need you as you stand with us and pray fervently for the work that Father is doing in and through us. Pray with us for the movement of our Father in the world. We need one another.
4. Let's pray together for the people of Sudan. The president of 30 years, a vile and contemptuous man has stepped down and the military is stepping in. Pray for a peaceful transition to a government that will care for the needs of the people. They have been oppressed for way too long.
5. Please continue to pray with Sandy and me as we gain a deeper understanding of how to expand the work that Father has begun in the lives of thousands of former Muslims as we disciple and care for them. We are sometimes emotionally exhausted over the pain they feel and for the extent of healing that is needed in their hearts.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/13
1. Please pray for our entire Church on the Road team as I am sensing some burn out from some of our senior teammates. They are in refugee camps almost daily, often till well after midnight. They are passionate about what they are doing, but I fear they need a better sense of rhythm from our Lord. Pray that they will grow in their understanding of when to rest and when to work.
2. Please pray for Amir and Ella specifically as they deal on a daily basis, with a myriad of issues that are often only faced by more mature and experienced couples.
3. Please pray for Sandy and me as we are praying about taking on some new disciples. Ask Father to bring us the exact men and women He desires us to lead.
4. Please pray with us for the people in Iran. The catastrophic flooding has left over a million homeless. The lack of government response to this crisis has caused so many questions concerning the legitimacy of the government. Pray that there will be a peaceful revolution in Iran as a result of this tragedy. Pray that the millions who are open to the Gospel will indeed find God through Jesus and that those who have embraced Jesus Christ as Savior would be free to worship in peace.
5. Please continue to remember our dear friend, Rick. His bypass surgery has been rescheduled twice. It is currently set for this Thursday, April 18th. Please ask that the surgery goes perfectly well and for complete and speedy recovery. Thank you!
Prayer Requests for Week 4/06
1. Please pray for Keyvan. He received a letter from the government stating that he will be deported to Slovakia next week on April 10th. He wants to be baptized before he leaves. Please join us as we seek the Father's will for him.
2. The Church on the Road team continues to expand its reach. Pray for the new churches that will be started in Dresden, Nuremburg, Palau, Chemnitz, Darmstadt, Giessen, Wiesbaden, Berlin and Fulda. Father is scattering our disciples all across Germany and France as well. Pray that the Lord will raise up leaders in each place, so that they can be trained and encouraged.
3. Please keep on praying for Bashar and Lana, the couple who recently had some serious problems in their marriage. Father has intervened! We are seeing some amazing reconciliation. They are some of our most significant leaders in our work in Europe. Please pray for protection from the enemy for them and for fruitful peace as a family in Germany.
4. Please remember to pray for Amir and Ella as they provide the primary leadership for all our work in Europe, especially while Sandy and I are in the US caring for our mothers. Pray for:
a. Their cross cultural communication. Ask that they truly understand one another.
b. Their responsibilities for an incredibly fast growing ministry, especially since they are in their first year of their marriage.
c. Their finances. They need to raise $6,000 a month. The German tax system will take 50% of that.
d. That they will receive their official marriage license soon.
5. Pray for the situation in Israel today. Pray for peace between the Israeli people and the Palestinians. May the Lord bring peace into that land, on both sides of the conflict.
6. Please pray for our dear friend, Rick. He is scheduled for bypass surgery on next Tuesday, April 16. Please ask that the surgery goes perfectly well and for complete and speedy recovery. Thank you!
Prayer Requests for Week 3/30
1. Please join us in prayer as we ask Father to provide for Amir and Ella. For their ministry, they need prayer, giving and going partners. If you have any thoughts on this please contact me.
2. Pray for peace in Israel and Gaza. Pray that the fighting will stop and that they will live in peace.
3. Pray for the 150 new believers in Chemnitz. Father is doing an extraordinary work in that city. Pray that the leaders will be known and that the training will sink in deeply.
4. Pray with us as we are seeking a new facility to house the base-camp activities of the Church on the Road. Our current lease expires in June.
5. Pray for Gloria as she works with the Bridges orchestra in Frankfurt, an orchestra made up of Germans and refugees from several countries. She will be spending a lot of time with refugees in rehearsals. Pray that Father will open many doors for her to share the Gospel.
6. Would you please pray for our sweet daughter, Abigail? She continues to have health issues including the regulating of her thyroid. As a result she often feels exhausted. This naturally makes it challenging to mother her two energetic little girls. Pray first, that the Lord would heal her completely and/or that the doctors would discover how to really help her. Pray for the right doctor.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/23
1. Please pray for Brad. He is newly engaged to a wonderful young woman, Rebekah. Their wedding is set for June 1st in Frederick, MD. This is an answer to our prayers. Both have longed to be married to someone who shares their vision for the Kingdom. Pray for comfort for them as they will be apart until a few weeks before the wedding.
2. Please pray for one of our dear brothers and his wife. They have been part of our leadership team for over two years now. She has left him, declaring that she does not want a life of poverty. Our hearts are devastated. The evil one is having a field day with their marriage. Please pray for reconciliation.
3. Please pray for Sandy as she has set aside a few days this week specifically to pray and write. Pray that she will focus, have clarity of mind and a real sense of God's Presence.
4. Please pray for Amir as he will not be paid by the Brazilian Baptists anymore after April. We are asking the Lord to provide for him and Ella as they devote their lives to ministry of the Gospel full-time. Please pray that the Lord will raise up partners for them.
5. Please pray for me as I will be in Frankfurt till Wednesday. Pray that I will accomplish all that I need to do and that I will have a safe flight home. Thank you for your prayers.
6. Pray for peace in Israel, specifically the Golan Heights
Prayer Requests for Week 3/16
1. Please join us in praying for the Church on the Road Team as we have started a new pastors training program in the Farsi language called, Mujde. Eighteen students participated in the training. We are celebrating the beginning of this school as they will be the future of leadership among Iranian and Afghan believers.
2. I will be traveling to Germany this week to be with Amir and the Church on the Road leadership. We will hold a board meeting on the day I arrive. Pray with us as this will be a busy week. We are starting three new churches, one in Chemnitz, one in Giessen and one in Ingolstadt. Father is opening so many hearts! Pray for our safety as I travel.
3. Pray for Sandy this week as we are apart. Pray as she cares for her mother and as she focuses extra time on writing her book. Pray for clarity of mind as well as for sincerity of heart.
4. Pray for Brad as he and his team are seeking to understand God's will concerning where they will move next in their work. Father is using them to lead many to Christ as well as to make disciples. Pray that they will clearly hear Father's voice and that they will have the courage to obey with radical immediate obedience.
5. Please remember to pray for Bashar and Lana. They are a couple who have become some of our primary leaders within our work in Europe. They are doing an amazing job! Pray for protection from the enemy for them and for fruitful peace as a family in Germany.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/9
1. Please pray with us as we are on the Isle of Malta until Wednesday. It may be hard to believe but even with as much as I travel I have not been very good at taking vacations. This one is much needed. We had a relaxing day today, even though jet-lagged. Pray that we will be refreshed in our bodies, minds and spirits. We are both looking forward to what Father has to say to us as we wind down and listen.
2. Please pray for the Church on the Road team this week. They continue to engage new refugee camps further away from Frankfurt. Pray for safety for our teams as they spend increasing amounts of time on the road. Pray also for boldness as they enter new camps everyday. Each camp poses danger from those who do not want them there. We continue to have run-ins weekly.
3. Please pray for Hoda Muthana. She is from Alabama, but ran away at 19 to join ISIS in Syria. She has been widowed thrice now and has a small child. She is asking to return to the US. (I will be writing about her in my "More than Meets the Eye" digest this week.) Pray for Hoda Muthana and our government concerning whether she should be allowed to return to the US or not.
4. Please pray for Linda as she begins her first week in Lesbos. Pray for divine appointments as well as opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with refugees there.
5. Please continue to pray for our brother, Steve Smith and his wife Laura. He is now in hospice. In addition to continuing to pray for restored health and strength for Steve, please pray that, in the meantime, Jesus Himself will minister to Steve, and that he will rest in Him and not have distress.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/2
1. Please pray with Sandy and me as we take a needed vacation at the end of this week. We will be traveling to Malta to celebrate Sandy's birthday (March 12). It will be our first trip with no planned work in a long time. Pray for our safety, for rest and for renewed vision. Please pray also for both our mothers while we are away. Pray that they will be filled with joy and purpose.
2. Please pray with us as the Church on the Road travels and ministers in Chemnitz, Germany this week. We will be doing evangelistic outreach and discipleship. Chemnitz is a strategic city for us as we have been received with such favor there. Father has given us a wonderful German partnership. They have opened their hearts to what God is doing through us. Pray a blessing on the Evangelische Internationale Gemeinde Chemnitz. (International Evangelical Church of Chemnitz). Pray for the salvation of many souls, for the discipleship of leaders, and for the establishment of three churches.
3. Let's pray together for peace between India and Pakistan. Most of us know little of the conflict brewing between two nuclear weapons nations this week. India and Pakistan exchanged bombing sorties of aircraft this week killing hundreds of soldiers and civilians. There is tension on the border between the two countries today. Pray with us that there will be peace. Pray for the president of Pakistan, Imran Khan and for Prime Minister Mohdi of India. Pray that they will fight for peace, not war.
4. We so desperately need you to join us in prayer for our brother, Steve and his wife, Laura. Steve's health continues to degrade. Unless we receive a miracle, Steve will not recover. Pray with us for healing...or for something better. Both will be miraculous.
5. Please pray for Linda as she travels to Lesbos this week, the 8th. Pray that she will see Lesbos with the eyes of Christ. Pray for safety for her and for peace and joy as she adjusts to a new living situation.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/23
1. I believe that the Lord is leading Sandy and me to ask you, our faithful partners, if you would ask ten of your friends or family to join you in praying with us via the Praelude 2020 initiative. Together we have seen our Father do so many things! It is time for us to up our game as we trust him for world-changing answers to our prayers. Can we begin now to pray together for the next steps of this strategic prayer initiative?
2. Will you pray with us for President Trump and President Kim Jong Un of North Korea as they meet in Vietnam this week on the 27th and 28th? Let's ask Father that they will agree to a nuclear arms pact which will see North Korea eschew the pursuit of nuclear weapons. Ask as well that the Lord will forge a pact of friendship between our two nations and relieve the pain and suffering of the North Korean people.
3. Please pray for Sandy and her editor, V. as they work through Sandy's books together. Pray that they will hear Father speak and that books honoring Christ and blessing many will be the result.
4. Please pray for Jonas and Reba as they enter their first week of marriage. Pray Father's joy and peace on them as they take a short honeymoon. We are joining with some others to give them a love gift. If you would like to contribute, please write to me and I will pass along to you the information you would need in order to do that.
5. Please remember Gloria. She is doing so well. Pray for continued grace and peace for her.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/16
1. Please continue to pray for wisdom and discernment for us as we make decisions daily concerning the work God has for us. We continue to offer leadership and direction for the ones we disciple. Communication and travel are key to this work. Sometimes we simply need to know when to say "yes" and when to say "no" to so many opportunities.
2. Please continue to pray for our dear friends, Steve and Laura. His cancer continues to eat at his body. Each day he is faced with new decisions, possibilities and complications. Would you pray for a miracle for him? We are asking that he would be completely healed.
3. Please pray for our Church on the Road Team as they enter into their second week of work in Munich. They have seen many come to faith in our Lord Jesus. They are making disciples while asking the Lord to raise up leaders. There are opportunities to start many new churches there. Pray for the Lord to raise up laborers.
4. Will you join Sandy and me as we pray for our Praelude 20/20 prayer strategy? We believe the Lord wants to increase it's impact on our lives and in those of others. Please pray with us that the Lord will raise up more partners. Pray also with us as we seek to structurally reorganize some aspects of the network. We need Father's wisdom about direction. Ultimately, we are asking God for the same as always: for 504 prayer partners so that we can have people praying with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. Please for me as I will be in Dallas this week at the E3 Partners headquarters. I will be working with others on our 2019-2021 ministry strategy. We need wisdom, humility and direction. Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/9
1. Please continue to pray for Amir and Ella. They have still not received permission to legally marry. The courts now want to do an investigation through the Pakistani consular office. This could be dangerous. Pray that they will be able to obtain their marriage license without any more problems. Please pray this happens as soon as it can be God's will.
2. Please continue to pray for our dear brother, Steve and his wife Laura. Steve has had some serious set-backs with his kidneys. Please pray that God will leave Steve on earth (heal him and give him strength) to finish the work for the house of the Lord that God has given him (1 Chr 28:20-21).
3. Please pray for me. My life and schedule is getting very full. I need wisdom and discernment to know when to say, "yes" and when to say, "no." There are so many good opportunities! I want only to do the best things, the right ways and at the right times.
4. Please pray with us for our dear friend and mentor, Carol Davis. Her son, Layne and daughter-in-law, Jeannine are struggling with a heart issue and cancer respectively. Pray for complete healing for them. God has heard our prayers and gotten Jeannine an appointment for surgery. Pray for comfort for Carol.
5. Please pray for our daughter, Abigail and her family. They have been really sick for more than a week now. Please pray for healing for Abigail, Jane and Lucy. Pray that Mason will stay well! Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/2
1. Please pray for Asia Bibi's safety. She has been cleared by the Supreme Court to leave Pakistan, but is still in hiding. She hopes to re-join her family soon.
2. Please pray for our sweet sister, Linda. She has been sick this week. She is also preparing to move to Lesbos to work in the refugee camps there. Pray that she will heal quickly and that she will receive all the official paperwork required to live and work in Lesbos.
3. Please continue to pray for our mothers, for their health and well being. Pray that they will discover a new sense of meaning and purpose in their lives as they live out their remaining days.
4. Please pray for a decision that we, the COTR leadership, need to make in the next few weeks concerning our lease on the COTR apartment. We have had it for 18 months. It has been a huge blessing. On many nights there are 10-15 refugees staying in this two bedroom apartment. They worship, study God's Word, pray, eat, bathe and sleep there. The apartment is really too small for all that. Would you join us in asking the Lord if we should: a. keep the apartment b. find another apartment c. no longer have a COTR apartment. The cost has stretched us financially at times, but the blessing has been well worth it. Please pray with us for wisdom and provision.
Prayer Requests for Week 1/26
1. Please pray with us for the Church on the Road team. This week they will travel to Munich to do evangelism, discipleship and leadership training. Several of the men who came to Christ in Munich during this past summer's outreach have started a new church. We will be helping them to begin several more as we train new leaders. Pray for safety and focus on the things that honor Christ the most.
2. Please pray for Brad as he will be returning to Frankfurt this week with 5 new teammates who will be joining the Church on the Road team. They will be traveling soon to Lesbos, Greece to continue ministry there. This will be a joint partnership of COTR and the Farm Global ministry. Father is moving in so many ways these days!
3. Please continue to pray for our brother and colleague, Steve as he continues to suffer with cancer. He had a set back this past week. Please pray that God will leave Steve on earth (heal him and give him strength) to finish the work for the house of the Lord that God has given him. (1 Chr 28:20-21)
4. Please pray for Gloria as she arrives in Frankfurt this week. Pray that she will be granted great favor with everyone she meets and as she begins to share the love of Christ with them. Pray for all the details and adjustments as she arrives in her new home.
5. Please continue to pray with Sandy and me for our mothers. This past week was a good week for them physically. Pray with us for their continued health and that they would find immense purpose in these winter years of their lives.
6. Please continue to pray for Carol's son and daughter in law. They both are still waiting for appointments. Please ask for right appointments to happen at the right times and for complete healing for both of them.
Prayer Requests for Week 1/19
1. Please pray with us this week for Gloria. She is our newest teammate and will be joining us in our work with Church on the Road. She has been a long-time family friend. In fact, we've known her since her childhood! It is so wonderful to watch our friend's kids grow up to give their lives to serving Christ abroad. We enjoyed a visit and preparation training with her this week. Pray for her as she prepares to leave for Frankfurt next week.
2. Please pray as we continue our outreaches this week. We will target twelve centers of gravity this year as we build church-planting partnerships with German churches and organizations. We are excited about the expansion of God's vision this year. Pray that many will hear the Gospel and that many will respond by embracing Jesus as their Savior.
3. Please pray with us for our dear friend and mentor, Carol Davis. Her son and daughter-in-law are struggling with a heart issue and cancer respectively. Pray for complete healing for them; also for insurance issues and for timely appointments and necessary surgeries.. Pray for comfort for Carol.
4. Please pray with and for me this week as I begin a two part series called, "The Muslim Brotherhood." This is the subject I will be writing about in my "More than Meets the Eye" intelligence briefing. It is my deep desire to build, not to destroy and to proclaim truth, not conjecture. There is a lot of confusion as to who the Muslim Brotherhood actually represents. It is my desire to clear up some of the confusion and hopefully teach us how to pray effectively for them.
5. Pray for us as Sandy and I go to an Army Retirement seminar this Saturday. You may remember that this will be my last year working with the TN National Guard. Please pray that we will hear, understand and act on all we should pertaining to my leaving the guard. Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 1/12
1. Please continue to pray for Amir and Ella. They are encouraged as they now have all the documents required for the marriage license. However, they are still waiting for final approval from the government. Please continue to pray with us that they will be able to obtain their legal marriage license as soon as God desires.
2. Please continue to pray for Jonas as he has been given an extension to stay in Germany for a couple more months. Please pray that God will give him favor.. He recently became engaged to a former Muslim Azerbaijani girl, Gida. He has a lot of new and unknowns in his life right now. Please pray for him and his bride to be, that they will experience peace and protection.
3. Please pray for our health. Sandy is much better, but I have had bronchitis for the past week. We would appreciate your prayers for our complete healing.
4. Please pray for our mothers. They have both had a difficult week. Pray with us that they will experience purpose and meaning as they live through these days. We long to see them live their lives daily with genuine purpose.
5. Would you continue to pray with us for our good friend and co-worker, Steve? He has had a rough go of it. Will you pray with us: that God will leave Steve on earth (heal him and give him strength) to finish the work for the house of the Lord that God has given him. (1 Chr 28:20-21)
Prayer Requests for Week 1/5
1. One of our big requests for 2019 is that we would mobilize more people to pray with us. Would you be willing to pray that one of your friends will join our Praelude prayer movement this year? If you would like us to personally engage friends of yours, feel free to send their email addresses to us. Please pray that Sandy and I will reach at least 200 prayer partners this year!
2. Please pray with us for peace in the Middle East. I believe that something world-changing is about to take place there. I am convinced that another Arab Spring such as the one in 2011 is just around the corner. It will be much more violent than in 2011. What if we prayed for peace? Your prayers can change the world! I will be writing more concerning this subject in "More than Meets the Eye" over the coming weeks.
3. Let's pray together for the leadership of the USA this week. Most likely, there is a "storm" coming. Could we ask God to lead all of our leaders to pursue peace and to walk with wisdom, not vengeance?
4. Please continue to pray for Sandy's health. She is definitely better, but we are asking Father for complete healing.
5. Please pray with us as the opportunity in the refugee camps in Lesbos, Greece is materializing. Linda is sensing that Father may want her to go there to help with children's ministry. Please pray for wisdom for her and for the right decisions to be made.
6. A dear friend of ours lost her son this past week. Please pray for her and her family, for comfort, peace and encouragement.
Prayer Requests for Week 12/29
1. Please pray with us as we enter a new year. The Church on the Road is very active these days. We have our teams out in refugee camps every day as Muslims continue to come to faith in Christ regularly. Pray that our teammates will walk faithfully in their new found faith in Jesus Christ as there are so many things pulling at them as they seek to integrate into European society, earn a living and learn a new language.
2. Please pray for Sandy. She has had Vertigo for the past two days. She has continued to serve all of our family through it, but she has been pretty miserable. Please pray for complete healing.
3. Please pray for us as we seek to be faithful in this stage of our lives. We continue to actively make disciples, serve our mothers, provide leadership to the Church on the Road Team, provide strategic leadership to multiple other teams around the world, research and write the weekly More than Meets the Eye digest, provide consultation on de-radicalization of Islamist extremists and write books. We need your prayers more than ever as our level of influence and responsibility is expanding as we enter 2019. Thank you so much.
4. Please pray with Sandy and me specifically as we both are writing books. She is currently writing a book of devotions. I am writing a book called, "Making Sense of the Madness." Please pray with us that we will set aside time to write and to be obedient to follow through with it. So many things can get in the way. We really need Father's strength for this.
5. Pray with us as we trust the Lord for resources for 2019 especially considering all the ministry opportunities ahead of us. I plan to have a detailed report of 2018, both in terms of strategy and finances finished soon. This will set the stage for how much we need to raise in 2019.
Prayer Requests for Week 12/22
1. We have been given an amazing opportunity to be part of a new work in Lesbos, Greece. This island is refuge to over 9,000 refugees, most of whom are from Afghanistan and Iran. The humanitarian work is tedious. So many opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus Christ are being missed. We have been asked to help with the Good News part of a women's refugee outreach center. In this center we will provide showers for women, laundry, meals, security and the Good News. In the camps it is against the law to share the Gospel, but not in our care center. Pray that we will know how deeply to get involved as we seek to multiply disciples who will be moving either onward or back to their homelands.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me as we host all our children and grandchildren this week. We love them so much. Pray that we will encourage each of them and that we will have the stamina to do so until they all depart.
3. Please pray for Amir and Ella as they are experiencing the difficult part of being cross-culturally married. They communicate in English, which is not the first language for either of them. Pray for patience and persistence as they seek to understand as well as to be understood. What a challenge it is to communicate, even when couples speak the same language! Thank you for your prayers.
4. Please continue to pray for Tiffany and the kids as they are apart now for 6 days during Christmas. Pray for peace, joy and protection. They plan to arrive to celebrate with us on the 27th.
5. Pray with us for our end of the year personal fund-raising. We hope and pray that 35% of our 2019 funding will come in during this season. Thank you so much!
Prayer Requests for Week 12/15
1. Please pray for Tiffany, Oliver, Oceana and Oakley. According to their divorce mediation agreement, this year the children will be required to spend Christmas week with their father. We are not convinced that he is ready emotionally or mentally. Remember he is 100% disabled from the Marines with PTSD. Please pray with us that the children will be safe and that it will be a healthy season for them. They are scheduled to join us for the holidays on the 27th of December.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me as we prepare for our family for Christmas. We feel like we have been in the process of "moving in" for a very long time and I have just returned from Germany. We are a bit weary. It is our hearts desire to create a space for celebration for our Lord Jesus. Pray with us that our hearts will be light and filled with joy as we prepare to serve others and celebrate our King.
3. Please pray for all our refugee leadership during the Christmas season. For many, this will be their first Christmas celebration as Christ followers. We have several activities planned with opportunities for many Muslims to hear the Christmas story/the Gospel.
4. Please pray for the advancement of our teams into other cities and countries. This next week we will open work in about five new cities in three different countries. Pray for our young leaders, all of whom are refugees, who have been moved to new camps, several to new countries. Pray that they will stand firm in their faith and that the Lord will allow them to lead others to Christ; also that they will start new churches.
5. Pray with us for our end of the year fund-raising campaign. About 35% of our 2019 funding will hopefully come in during this month. Thank you so much!
Prayer Requests for Week 12/08
1. Please pray with us as Sandy and I will be apart till Wednesday evening. Please pray for Sandy as she continues to "set up house" while preparing to host all our family for the holidays. We are excited that all the girls and their families will be joining us for Christmas this year. Please pray for me as I have many key meetings here in Frankfurt between now and Wednesday as we prepare for 2019. I would appreciate your prayers for a safe flight home as well. Thank you!
2. We hope to receive the last of Amir's documents this week so that he and Ella can obtain their official marriage license. Thank the Lord with us! I will keep you posted on the date. Father is working it out in ways that we simply did not anticipate.
3. Please pray for the work here in Germany among refugees. Many are being turned down for asylum and are being threatened to be sent back to their homelands. So many have come to faith in Christ! They know what awaits them if they are sent home. Pray that Father's will is done, that whether they stay or go, they will remain faithful in their love for Christ.
4. Would you join in praying for the Syrian people over the holidays? We have entered into the 31 days of prayer for the Syrian people. Download the 31 day prayer guide at https://thesyriancircle.com Father hears our prayers and I believe that 2019 will be a significant year for the Syrian people. This guide will give you clear and simple ways to know how to pray.
5. Please remember our dear brother, Steve Smith and his wife Laura. Please ask God to heal Steve of cancer, to encourage and strengthen him and his family. Pray also that infection will not occur due to his current necessary treatments. Please pray also that his liver will function properly.
Prayer Requests for Week 12/01
1. Please pray for us as I will be traveling to Frankfurt this week (on Wednesday) to be with our team. Pray for safety and good health as Sandy and I are apart.
2. Please pray with us as our Church on the Road team will be finalizing plans for the first half of 2019. We will seek Father's face together as we plan our trust.
3. Please continue to pray with us for Asia Bibi. She is still in country with her family, in hiding. She remains in great danger. Word from inside Pakistan is that Khadim Hussain Rizvi has ordered a country-wide manhunt for Asia Bibi and her family. They are searching house to house throughout the whole province of Lahore. Please pray for her and her family's deliverance.
4. Would you join Sandy and me as we pray for the Syrian people over the holidays? Today (Saturday) begins the Syrian Circle's 4th, 31 days of Prayer for the Syrian people. Download the 31 day prayer guide at https://thesyriancircle.com Father wants to answer our prayers. Let's pray together for these dear people.
5. Please remember our dear brother, Steve Smith and his wife Laura. Please ask God to heal Steve of cancer, to encourage and strengthen him and his family. Pray also that infection will not occur due to his current necessary treatments. Please pray also that his liver will function properly.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/24
Rejoice with us as this is our 300th consecutive week of prayer request updates! Thank you so much!
1. Please join Sandy and me yet again with a prayer of thanksgiving for all that Father has done in 2018. This has been a truly exceptional year for us as well as in the lives of many refugees who are seeking peace and a new home. Not only have many found a new home in Europe, but so many have found a new home in Jesus too. Thank the Lord with us!
2. Please continue to pray with us for Jonas. He is being asked to return to his home country of Afghanistan, but death only awaits him there. We are asking Father to show us his next steps. He is such a special brother, disciple-maker and friend. Thank you for praying for him.
3. Please pray with us as Sandy and I travel back to Tennessee on Thursday. Please pray for our safety and for our car to do well. I then travel to Nashville to turn over my command in the National Guard on Saturday. I am preparing for retirement one year from now. These are days of huge transitions for us. Please pray that we will trust and find rest in our Father's love.
4. Pray for me as I am working on our 2018 report and our strategic plans for 2019. Pray that we will hear Father speak clearly and that we will be able to communicate the report and plans clearly.
5. Please continue to pray with us for the remaining $3,325.00 of this year's needed funding for this work. We have come a long way. Please also pray that the Lord will lead us as we finalize our budgeting process for 2019.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/17
1. Let's give thanks together this Thanksgiving Day for all Father has done among the refugees who have sought safety and new lives in Europe this past year. We can thank Him for his compassion as many have turned their lives over to him as Savior.
2. Please pray for our dear brother Jason. He is having gallbladder surgery on Monday this week. Pray with us for his complete healing.
3. Please pray with us for Brad as he mobilizes new teammates to join the Church on the Road, as he hopes to help to expand the work down the refugee highway. There is so much to be done further south as so many are still living in uncertainty and fear. Pray that the Lord will raise up laborers to join us.
4. Pray for Amir and Ella as they will be traveling to Greece this week to work with refugees who are just arriving to Europe. Their needs are immense. Pray that as love is demonstrated through good works, the Gospel will be shared boldly by Amir, Ella and the team they will be joining there.
5. Please continue to pray with us for the remaining $3,325.00 of this year's needed funding for this work. We have come a long way. Please also pray that the Lord will lead us as we finalize our budgeting process for 2019.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/10
1. Pray with us for Amir and Ella. We believe they may receive the needed documents that will allow them to get their official marriage license in Germany soon! This is such a huge answer to prayer for us. Remember, I married them before the Lord and the Church in August, but they have been unable to get their official license without some documentation from Pakistan about his life. A Pakistani lawyer we trust is in the process of securing those documents.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me as I will be in Nashville for two days this week as I begin the process of turning over my command to another officer, which is sometimes complicated. There is much to be done. Pray for us as we are apart. Please also pray that I will have an opportunity to testify to God's goodness through Jesus Christ among my fellow officers.
3. Please pray for Sandy as she is in the process of writing her first book. Pray that she will schedule the time needed and that she will hear from the Lord exactly how and what she needs to write. We will all be blessed by that.
4. Please pray for us as we attempt to stream line our ministry endeavors into a simpler and more focused strategy. That was a consistent word of encouragement from our Advisory Group. Pray with us as we seek to hear the Lord and translate that into our next stage of life. We are both agreed that our best years are still ahead of us.
5. We are praising the Lord for such a wonderful response to the resource needs for Church on the Road as well as for our personal needs. That need stands now at $3,325.00. We are trusting Father to provide for all the needs. Thank you for praying with us to that end.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/3
1. Pray for our sister, Asia Bibi as she has been released from prison. She will probably have to leave Pakistan since many still want her executed. She will most likely have to flee to the West. Pray for her safety and adjustment as she has not seen her daughters or husband in over 8 years.
2. Please continue to pray for our brother, Jonas as he decides what he can do after being rejected by the German government for asylum. Pray for wisdom, provision and joy in his journey.
3. Thank the Lord with us for our Advisory Group! We met in Nashville this past weekend. It was a special time for us, one of celebrating the past and envisioning the future. We are very grateful!
4. Please continue to pray for our mothers as they have good days and bad concerning their health. Pray that both will enjoy the remaining days of their lives with purpose and meaning. Thank you so much.
5. We are praising the Lord for such a wonderful response to the resource needs for Church on the Road as well as for our personal needs. That need sits now at $5,325.00. We are trusting Father to provide for all the needs. Thank you for praying with us to that end.
Prayer Requests for Week 10/27
1. Our heaviest burden to pray about this week is for our dear brother, Jonas. He has been such a powerful witness and leader on the Church on the Road team. He is from Afghanistan and has led many Afghani people to faith in Jesus Christ. He has been told he will be deported back to Afghanistan. We are pleaing on his behalf that he would be able to stay in Frankfurt. His family has already said they would kill him if he returns. Please intercede with us for his deliverance and fo wisdom concerning what we should do next.
2. Please pray with us as our Church on the Road team conducts a leaders workshop for 30 of our new pastors. This is an opportunity to take these new leaders to the next level in pastoring and personal discipleship. Pray that all those that are supposed to be there will be able to make it. Pray that it will be a transforming few days for these men and women.
3. Please pray with us for a new initiative called, "Straight Streets" as it unfolds. We are believing that the Lord will open the door for potentially hundreds of young refugees and millennials to be able to serve the Lord while working though this vocational development platform. There is such a great need to help young people find global opportunities in ministry and in the market place while working as a part of a church planting team. Please pray that God will bless this new initiative.
4. Please pray for Linda on our team. She is studying German and is continuing to carry a heavy ministry load as well. Please pray for her strength and for wisdom to know what to do and what not to do. Thank the Lord with us as she has been such a wonderful addition to our team.
5. We are praising the Lord for such a wonderful response to the resource needs for the Church on the Road and for our personal needs. That need sits now at $5,325.00. We are believing that our Father will meet these needs soon. Thank you for praying with us to that end.
Payer Requests for Week 10/20
1. Please pray for Ella's health. She has had chronic abdominal pain for several years. Sometimes stress can exasperate the condition. This week she had another episode. Would you join us in praying for complete healing for her?
2. Please pray for me as I will be away from home this week in an annual National Guard Training.
a. Please pray that I will find opportunities to testify to God's goodness and saving grace. These opportunities are not always easy in the Army, especially with subordinates. There are several open doors in a few soldiers lives, however. Pray that I see them and be obedient to walk through them.
b. Please pray for Sandy as we are apart. She is getting better physically, about 80%. Pray that she will rest and that as she ministers to her mother she will be strong.
3. Please pray with us for Amir. We need wisdom as he has begun talking with a Pakistani lawyer who says he can get the documents needed that will satisfy the German government, so that he and Ella can officially marry. Pray also that the lawyer will not play games or try to stiff us. He is asking us to pay him 1,000 euros. Pray with us that we will be able to secure that kind of money and know how to pay him so that all is square. And of course, protection for Amir in this process.
4. Pray with us for all the final details of getting Church on the Road registered, including getting a bank account. This may seem small, but not in Europe.
5. We ask that you continue to pray with us for the resources needed for Church on the Road, as well as for our own personal finances. We are at $9,825.00 in additional funding needed. Thank the Lord with us for his provisions!
Prayer Requests for Week 10/13
1. Please pray for Amir, Bashar, Linda, Herbert and Sherwin as they begin planning a new leaders training workshop which will take place very soon. Pray that they will hear God's voice concerning the curriculum and which leaders should attend. They will plan for 30 new leaders.
2. Please continue to pray for Amir and Ella as they discern where to go to get an official marriage license. They are concerned about this matter because as long as they are unmarried, the government can separate them. At any time they could ask Amir to leave. Pray for joy and confidence in Christ Jesus for them as they seek to find a way. Pray that God will provide a way for them to accomplish this.
3. Would you pray for my dear friend, Roger who is running for a judge's seat in Houston. This is certainly a time when our nation needs godly judges. Pray that he will show himself faithful and confident in Christ as the election day approaches.
4. Please pray for the Church on the Road as we received official recognition this week as a not for profit organization. This provides for us a legal status that we have not had up till this point. Please pray with us for its formation as we put together a board of directors that are both former Muslim refugees and German leaders. Pray that we hear God's voice clearly.
5. We ask that you continue to pray with us for the resources needed for Church on the Road as well as for our own personal finances. We are at $11,325.00 in additional funding needed. Thank the Lord with us for God's provisions!
Prayer Requests for Week 10/6
1. Please pray for Amir as he speaks in Vienna this weekend (6-7 Oct.) at a conference of almost 3,000 young people. Pray that the words of his mouth will bring peace and healing. So many at these conferences in Europe are hungry and looking for something to fill the emptiness in their souls.
2. Please Pray for Amir as he has a second interview at the US Consulate in Frankfurt this week. He is trying once again to receive a travel visa so that he and Ella can come to the US. Remember, he and Ella have had a wedding before God, family and friends, but the German government will not issue them an official marriage license. We are trying to get them to Texas where they can obtain the legal license, so they can cover all bases. Please pray that Amir will be granted a visa as soon as it is pleasing to the Lord. We are asking for it to happen this week!
3. Please pray for my mom, Beverly as she will have her eye surgery on Monday. Her doctors are hoping to restore vision to her left eye. Pray for all of us during this time. My sisters are nervous as well.
4. Please pray for the Church on the Road team this week as they continue to reach out in different refugee camps. They continue to see Muslims turn to Christ almost daily. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen! Pray that these new brothers and sisters will take their discipleship seriously. Pray that they will share all they receive with others in their camps. Pray for their safety as the persecution has already begun in earnest.
5. We ask that you continue to pray with us for the resources needed for Church on the Road as well as for our own personal finances. We are at $11,325.00 in additional funding needed. Thank the Lord with us for God's provisions!
Prayer Requests for Week 9/29
1. Please pray with us for Amir as he goes to his US Consulate interview this week. This will be his second attempt to get a visit so that he might be allowed to travel to the States to get a legal marriage license. He and Daniela also look forward to visiting many here who have worked alongside us over the past 4 years.
2. Please pray with us as we have already begun planning trips for volunteers for next year. We have developed a really good model for integrating short-term workers into our strategy. Our teams do front line work, getting deep into the ministry while they are in Europe. Please contact me if you would like to be part of a short-term team; your own or joining with another.
3. Please pray for Sandy and me as this past week has been a bit stressful. My car broke down late at night on the side of the interstate between Memphis and Jackson. After a lengthy wait for a tow truck I spent an arm and a leg getting the car fixed. Then on Thursday morning as I was working at home, a huge tree fell on the house we are renting. No one was injured, but we have had to stay at a hotel for several nights and are not sure when we will be able to get back into the house. The damage looks extensive. Pray for us as this is yet another transition and I am learning that transitions always come with a toll.
4. Please continue to pray for Sandy's mother, Marilyn and my mother, Beverly. Pray that they will live out the winter of their lives with dignity and grace and that they will wake each day with purpose and the strength to accomplish it.
5. We ask that you continue to pray with us for the resources needed for Church on the Road as well as for our own personal finances. We are at $12,825.00 needed in additional funding needed. (We are grateful for God's provisions this past week!)
Prayer Requests for Week 9/21
1. This past week Amir was denied his visa request to visit the USA. Please pray for him and Ella as coming to the States is their plan to get a legal marriage license. Pray that as he reapplies soon, he will be given favor and granted a visa. Pray that Father's will is done in this matter.
2. Please continue to pray for our new former Muslim believer churches in Lorsch, Lampertsheim and Darmstadt. Pray that as they continue to grow and spread the Good News that they will seek to know Christ Jesus more and be filled with love and grace as they minister within the refugee camps in those cities.
3. Please pray with us for Sandy's mother, Marilyn who was hospitalized on the day we arrived to TN this week. Today (Saturday) she was transferred to a rehab center for a season to help her regain the strength in her arm due to a recent fall. Pray for a full recovery.
4. Please continue to pray for our health. Sandy continues to struggle with little energy. Pray also for my pinched sciatic nerve. Please pray for our complete recovery.
5. We ask that you continue to pray with us for the resources needed for the Church on the Road as well as for our own personal finances. We are hovering around $19,050 in additional funding needed.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/15
1. Let's join our hearts together for all those who are being impacted by Hurricane Florence. Let's pray that Father will protect people from the loss of life and property and that many will see the awesome power of our almighty God!
2. Please continue to pray for our health, for Sandy to be completely healed. Pray that my pinched sciatic nerve will get better as well. I have my final Army Physical Fitness test on 20 October. It would be so much easier to train and take the test if I am not in so much pain. Thank you for remember us.
3. Please pray for Amir as it appears his role with the Brazilian Baptists will end in November. They are wanting to go a different direction so we will need to find a new way for him to support himself and Ella. We are convinced that the Lord will provide all that is needed for him to continue leading Church on the Road, as it is expanding out to other countries now within Europe.
4. Pray for Sandy and me as we drive to Jackson, Tennessee this week on Wednesday/Thursday. Pray for our safety. Pray that our car will do well the whole way and that both our bodies will hold up during the long drive. We will take it in two days because of our current health issues.
5. Please continue to pray for funding for Church on the Road and for our personal support as well. I intend to travel back and forth to Germany, but much of our plans will depend on how we are able to afford the travel. Pray with us that the Lord will provide all we need to continue to move forward.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/8
1. Please pray for our dear brother, Hussein. He is one of our new leaders from Afghanistan. He was attacked and beaten severely this week in his refugee camp in Frankfurt. Pray for quick healing, physically and spiritually. He feels depressed, naturally. Beatings are becoming more common among the Christians; they are being heavily persecuted for their faith across the refugee camps in Europe.
2. Please pray for our dear new brothers and sisters in Dresden, Germany. They need much support and encouragement. Pray that our COTR team will be able to spend time with them to train and encourage them.
3. Please remember to pray for Sandy. She continues to lack energy and stamina. Pray that she will get her energy back and be able to re-engage in her normal life routines. Right now she is simply too tired to do more than 3 or 4 hours of work a day. Please remember me as well as I continue to have this lingering pain from a pinched sciatic nerve.
4. Please remember to pray for our sister, Vashti. We are seeing signs of repentance and renewal in her heart. With the arrival of Linda in Frankfurt we have seen some good changes in her spirit. Pray that she will enter into the community and invest herself in the life that Father has for her.
5. Please continue to pray for our funding needs. We are believing Father for an additional $19,350. We are eager to see him provide for this work in ways that we could never imagine.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/1
1. Please continue to remember Sandy's health. She gets tired easily. It seems if she exerts herself at all she feels really sick. Please pray for healing. My pinched sciatic nerve is getting better little by little. Please pray for complete healing for me as well.
2. Pray with us that God's Word will go out in abundance as we just purchased several thousand Persian and Arabic Bibles. It is our desire to get them into the hands of seekers, namely Iranians, Afghans and Arab speakers. Pray that every single Bible will get to men and women who are looking for Truth.
3. Please pray with me about an issue that we face daily. We need to figure out a way that our new leaders can have jobs that will allow them to provide for their families, as well as give them flexible enough schedules so that they can continue to work discipling refugees in camps. This is perhaps one of the greatest needs we have right now. We have lost 6 of our leaders over the past 3 months because of the need to find work. They are having to work jobs which sometimes take more than 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Pray with us that we will be able to help them find the right kinds of jobs.
4. Please pray for our upcoming leaders training retreat. We will host a retreat for up to 20 of our leaders where we will give them advanced discipleship/church planting training and assist them with their personal plans. Pray for us as the details (logistics, resources, schedule and specific attendees) are beginning to come together.
5. Please continue to pray with us for the funding needed to move forward with the work Father is doing in Europe through the Church on the Road. Our current budget needs stand at $19,350.00.
Prayer Requests for Week 8/25
1. Please continue to pray for Sandy's health. She continues to struggle with having energy as well as some lingering pain due to Shingles. She has about 2 to 3 hours of energy a day right now. She's just not feeling well. Please pray for complete healing.
2. Please pray for our Church on the Road team as they continue to follow up from the outreach teams from this summer. Pray that they will continue to train leaders, make disciples and start churches. Pray for our new Afghan team leader, Sherwin. Father is really using him to draw men and women to Himself.
3. Pray with us that Father will show us specifically how to help our leaders to be able to work so that they can provide for themselves and their families. This is becoming a critical need for many of them.
4. Please pray with us for Amir and Ella as they return from their honeymoon and begin life together in Frankfurt. Pray for the adjustments they will have as they grow together in their faith and ministry.
5. Please continue to pray with us for the funding needed to move forward with the work that Father is doing in Europe through the Church on the Road. Our current budget needs stand at $19,350.00.
6. My Mom's blood pressure is staying a bit elevated, but steady. Pray that it will stay low so that she can have eye surgery and regain some of her sight.
Prayer Requests for Week 8/18
1. Please lift up Amir and Ella during this first week of marriage. Pray that their honeymoon will be a glorious time for them and that their love for one another will grow and grow as they begin their new life together.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me as we prepare to fly back to Houston on Wednesday. We will be in Houston for 3 weeks before we head to Tennessee. Pray for a safe flight and for a restful flight for Sandy.
3. Please continue to pray for our health. Sandy continues to have only a couple of hours of energy each day. The doctors are assuring her that this is just the lingering effects of Shingles. By the way, if you have not had a Shingles vaccination, you may want to consider getting one. This is a very hard sickness. I am getting mine as soon as I get back. Please pray for her recovery and for mine as well. I continue to experience pain on a daily basis in my left hip.
4. Please pray for my mother. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital on Friday. She was completely unresponsive. It seemed like she was in total state of lethargy. She is now coherent but was kept in the hospital this weekend because her blood pressure continues to be off the charts high. Please continue to pray for her. Pray for her healing. Please remember my sisters as well, who are caring for her.
5. Please pray for Sandy and me as we attend a vision casting and partnership dinner on Friday evening in Kingwood, Texas. Pray that the Lord will give clarity to all He is doing. Pray that those attending will catch the vision and the heart to join us prayerfully, financially and even physically, however He desires. We are excited about what Father is doing!
Prayer Requests for 8/11
1. We have exciting news along with prayer requests concerning Amir and Ella.
a. We had the wedding rehearsal yesterday. Most of the plans are made and Amir and Ella are mostly ready! Please pray for peace and contentment for them this week and that the last details are accomplished smoothly as the big day (Saturday) approaches.
b. Pray with us as we have received news from a close friend and lawyer that Amir and Ella can come to Texas to get an official marriage license! Please pray for all the details to come together, such as Amir getting a letter of invitation and possibly a visa.
2. Please pray with us concerning our health. Sandy continues to wrestle with a case of Shingles. It's been 3 months now. She often does not feel well and is very tired. My pinched sciatic nerve continues to hurt, sometimes a lot. Pray for our healing. Pray that we will find peace and joy in the midst of our pain.
3. Please pray with us for our Church on the Road team follow-ups this next week. Due to last weeks outreaches, we had many phenomenal spiritual conversations. Pray with us that these conversations will turn into genuine faithful relationships of following Christ.
4. Please continue to pray with us for our sweet Tiffany. Please pray that she will be able to make the transition to single mother without fear and anxiety. Her former husband is now being allowed to keep the kids over night every two weeks. Please pray that the children will be safe, as his mental health remains a big unknown. Pray that the children will be happy, safe and that Tiffany will be able to cope with with grace. Please pray as well, for her financial needs.
5. Please continue to pray with us about both our personal and ministry resource needs. -We remain grateful!!! And Father blessed us in a big way this week! -The need currently stands at: $29,375.00.
Prayer Requests for Week 8/4
1. Please pray with us this week as a team from Houston's First Baptist will be joining us. We will be going to refugee camps in Fulda, Hanau, Lörsch and Darmstadt. Pray for divine appointments, safety for team members and for souls to be saved. Please also pray for sweet team unity.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me as both of us are experiencing physical pain. Some of the nerve discomfort due to Sandy's bout with Shingles has returned along with the continual feelings of fatigue. This of course, is sometimes discouraging. She needs all our prayers. My pinched sciatic nerve has gotten worse over the last few weeks. I can hardly walk by the end of each day. Pray that both of us will be healed. Thank you!
3. Please pray for Amir and Ella as they finalize their wedding plans for the 18th of August. Weddings are almost as big a deal in Germany as they are in the USA. Pray for all their plans to come together. It will be quite the cross cultural event with people participating from over 20 different nationalities. Pray for peace for Amir and Ella during this next two weeks.
4. Pray also for Amir and Ella concerning their decision as to how they might obtain a legal marriage certificate. We have been informed by a very reputable attorney that it is possible for them to come to Houston to obtain their license with their current documentation. Pray with us as to whether this is Father's will and if so for the timing to be His as well.
5. Please continue to pray with us about both our personal and ministry resource needs. There has been little movement over the last two weeks although this week someone made a donation! -We are so grateful!!! The need currently stands at: $34,450.00
Prayer Requests for Week 7/28
1. Please pray with us for Amir and Ella to be able to obtain their official marriage license . We need a miracle. A German lawyer told Ella this week that she would not be able to legally marry Amir since he does not have the documents required for a license. He said it as though that was the end of the discussion. We are asking the Lord to show us how Amir and Ella can be married legally. We are trusting Father to work this out. I am performing their wedding ceremony on 18 August.
2. Please continue to pray with us for our 6 year old sister, Mahsa from Afghanistan. She is still separated from her mother and father. She is in Germany while her parents have not been allowed to leave Greece. The mother is beside herself with grief. Pray with us that we will be able to locate her this week and begin the reuniting process with her parents.
3. We had another curve ball thrown our way this week as another new sister with her 2 year old baby showed up on Amir's doorstep around midnight on Wednesday evening. She was requesting, on the recommendation from a brother in Athens, for a place to stay and for help in getting asylum. She was allowed to leave Athens to come to Germany, but her husband and 8 year old son were detained. We are still trying to get to the bottom of this and help them. The mother and daughter are being cared for right now; have a place to sleep and food to eat. Please pray with us that Sheyda and Sherida will be reunited with the father and son as quickly as possible.
4. Please pray for our follow-ups this week as many have heard the Good News for the very first time and several have responded to embrace Christ as Savior. Pray that our team will be able to reconnect with every one of these and that the discipleship process will begin. Please pray that they will grow and that they will share their Good News with their families and friends.
5. Our funding needs have remained the same this week at $34,950.00. Please continue to pray about these needs for us.
Prayer Requests for Week 7/21
1. Sandy and I will travel from Cyprus back to Frankfurt on Tuesday this week. Please pray for our safety. There will already be two teams on the ground in full swing when we return. I will dive right in on Wednesday morning with training and outreach. Pray that many will hear the Good News this week as we head to the refugee camps with many brothers and sisters.
2. Please pray with us for our good friend, Tim. He will be with us this week helping with our work and getting to know us better. He has been such a blessing to us over the years. Pray that Father deepens our relationship; also and that we will connect even more in the work that Father is doing here.
3. Please pray with us for a sweet six year old Afghan girl whose name is Mahsa. She has been separated from her parents who are stuck in Greece. (For some reason we do not yet know, she was sent ahead to Germany.) Her parents are desperately trying to find out if she is okay. They are filled with incredible pain as they can't seem to locate her. I have been asked to help find her and reunite her with her parents, Fatima and Ahmad. Please pray for Mahsa's safety and for her to be reunited quickly with her parents and that they will be able to reside together in Germany. Fatima and Ahmad have recently come to faith in Christ.
4. Please pray for each of our Church on the Road team. It is about now while teams are on the ground that the evil one begins to disturb us and attempt to disrupt what God is doing by causing division. A little jealousy, fatigue, frustration... etc. and the temptations come in to cause strife. Please pray with us as we live together in harmony as we resist the wiles of the evil one.
5. Please continue to pray with us for personal resources needed along with those for Church on the Road. These needs are down to $34,950. We are so grateful as we watch the Lord provide for his work among his children week by week.
Prayer Requests for Week 7/14
1. Please pray with Sandy and me as we travel to Cyprus on Tuesday to meet up with Summer, Chad and Elle. We are both so looking forward to this time. We feel like our "fuel tanks" are nearing empty. Pray that we will indeed take some time to rest and recuperate. I also have the opportunity to preach at the International church while there! Pray that God will speak through me.
2. Please pray for our Church on the Road Team as they will be in Nuremburg and Düsseldorf this next week. They are engaged in evangelism and discipleship each day. It is a very tiring thing to do all day everyday during each campaign. Pray for strength and stamina for our team during these next few weeks as the outreaches become a daily event.
3. Please continue to pray for our mothers: Sandy's mother, Marilyn and my mom, Beverly. Pray that they will both heal from their illnesses and falls. Pray that they will feel well and find joy each day. Thank you so much for going through this season with us.
4. Thank the Lord with us for Linda, our new teammate. She is adjusting so well and has added such an important dynamic to our team. She is involved in ministering to the women in the refugee camps. This is a neglected area of our work since we have not really had any women to carry out that part of our ministry. Already she is fully engaged in making disciples.
5. I am delighted to report that the Lord is helping us to whittle down our resource needs little by little. We are so grateful for how Father is providing for our personal needs as well as for Church on the Road. Currently our need for the remainder of 2018 is $36,200. Please continue to pray with us that Father will provide the remainder.
Prayer Requests for Week 7/7
1. Please pray with Sandy and me as we head back to Frankfurt this week.
a. Please pray for safe travels.
b. Please pray for Sandy as she is mostly well from almost 8 weeks of sickness, first Shingles, then a sinus infection. Pray that the trip will not wear her body out too much.
c. Please pray for our mothers while we are away; that their needs will be completely cared for by our families and friends.
d. Pray for our reunion with Amir, Ella and our team, for a sweet time of fellowship and community.
2. Please pray with us for the summer teams that will arrive very soon. Pray that they will not be ashamed of the Gospel and that we will see our Father bear fruit for his glory as he has done so many times before. Pray also for the hearts of those coming who may be considering joining the work, long-term. Pray for their obedience and confidence in hearing Father's voice.
3. Please pray for Manar and Adam in Marseille, France. Pray that they will see much fruit in saved souls, that they will make many disciples and start many churches.
4. Praise the Lord with us as our resource needs are coming in week by week! Our additional needs are down to $36,900. We are so grateful for how Father is bringing brothers and sisters alongside us to join in how he is working here in Frankfurt.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/30
1. Sandy and I will be driving back to Houston this week. Please pray with us as we are on the road during the holiday break. Pray for safety and that our car will do well. Thank you!
2. Please pray for Amir as he finishes up his speaking tour in Poland this week. Pray that many hearts will be changed, that he will hear our Father speak and that the work He is doing for Open Doors will magnify the name of Jesus!
3. Please pray for our final preparations for the summer teams.They will begin arriving soon after we get to Germany on 13 July. Pray that Father will prepare the hearts of each of our team members to boldly declare the love of Christ and the need for a Savior.
4. Please pray for Linda as she settles in to life in Frankfurt this week. Moving to a foreign new city is perhaps one of the most exhilarating things one can do in life; new places, new people, new language, new food. Everything is a challenge. Please pray for Linda as she goes through this transition. Pray for her new friends as she has already met Afghan, Iranian, Syrian and Iraqi women, some of whom she will pour her life into immediately.
5. Please continue to pray with us for the expansion of this work across all of Europe. This week our brother, Manar went to a city in southern France (after being asked to leave Germany.) A dear friend from our church has a son in the city. He has been learning the French and has already studied Manar's language! We hope to connect them this week. Father orchestrates all things for his good and for ours!
Prayer Requests for Week 6/23
1. Please continue to pray with us for Amir and Ella as they begin their journey together as husband and wife. Already they are beginning to realize the challenges that are in front of them. The German government will not issue them a marriage license without Amir's birth certificate. Gaining access to that document is seemingly impossible. Please pray that the government will issue them a license in one way or another. We plan to celebrate their union on August 18th.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me this week as we get caught up on our work. Two weeks of grandchildren has been extremely wonderful and worth it all, but we now have a pile of work to catch up on. We maintain a rather robust communications ministry with a lot of people which is such a joy! Pray that we will focus, prioritize our work and hear God's voice as we minister.
3. Please pray for our trip preparations as we leave Jackson on July 3rd, head to Houston for about a week and then on to Germany for six weeks. Pray that we will accomplish all that we need to before we leave. Sandy's mother seems to be doing some better. My mom; not so much. She is mostly blind from diabetic retinopathy. She has surgery set for July. Please pray that it can be done sooner, even before I leave if that is God's will. Pray that some vision will be restored; the doctor says this is possible at least for one eye. She is so confused, afraid and frail. My heart breaks for her.
4. We ask that you will continue to pray for additional resources for this work. It is expanding so quickly into France, Italy, Spain and Greece that we are requiring additional funds so that we can move forward. We are believing Father to provide in abundance without being presumptuous. Please pray that Father will provide an additional $41,000.00 for this work (COTR and personal funds) so that we can move forward for the rest of the year.
5. Please remember to pray for healing for my pinched sciatic nerve. I continue to be in a lot of pain. Please pray for Sandy as well. The case of Shingles is so much better but some fatigue and nerve discomfort continues. Thank you.
Reminder If you are not a Praelude 20/20 partner we would love to invite you to join us by becoming one. All our partners receive weekly prayer request/updates with answers to each weeks prayers. They also invest at least $20 a month into this ministry which empowers us to continue to do what God has called us to do.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/16
1. Please continue to pray for our COTR leadership as they finish their foundations and vocational training this week. All our vocational training is augmented with the foundations of the Christian faith training as well. It is imperative that each of our disciples understands how their vocational development and their faith are integrated at the innermost part of their beings. This has been a wonderful training. Please pray that our leaders will be able to secure work at some local coffee shops as they seek to be salt and light as baristas.
2. Please remember to pray for Amir and Ella. They have hit another snag in their desire to get married. The German government will not grant Amir a license to marry until he can produce a birth certificate. In Pakistan, Amir's father, a Mullah, has had Amir pronounced as dead. They even had a funeral for him. So in the Pakistan legal system Amir is no longer an entity. The Germany officials have said that this is ridiculous and refuse to give him a license to marry. Please pray that other options will open up so that he and Ella will be able to officially wed. I will perform the wedding on August 18th.
3. Please continue to pray for Manar as he settles into his new refugee camp in France.
4. Pray for Jonas. He has been asked to return to Afghanistan. We were able to get a 6 month reprieve for him, but he is very afraid. His family has already told him to never come home or he would die. Pray that we will find another avenue for asylum somewhere for him. He is such a special brother. His ethnicity is Hazara, a shi'a sect from central Afghanistan. My heart breaks daily for these brothers and sisters who just want to live in peace and now they are being told that they must return to their homes.
5. Please continue to pray for my pinched sciatic nerve. It is affecting my sleep and my ability to do the things I need to do. Pray for healing for me and for contentment in the midst of the pain.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/9
1. Please pray with us for Amir and the Church on the Road (COTR) team. One of our leaders has slipped into some sinful behavior, saying he has gotten married, when he is actually only living with a woman. He has demonstrated some other ungodly behavior with his attitudes and actions. Amir is one of the most gracious young men I know. When he confronted our brother with his actions, he did not respond graciously in return. This is a ploy of the evil one to halt the work that Father is doing. Please pray with us for this situation. Pray for restoration for our brother and his girlfriend. Pray for restoration for Amir and our brother. Pray that the rumors which inevitably will circulate will fall on deaf ears and that Christ will be honored in all that is said and done. Please pray seriously with us for this.
2. Please pray for Brad as he is traveling this week to a wedding for his best friend. Pray for safety and for opportunities to share the Good News along the way.
3. Please continue to pray for Manar as he settles into his new refugee center in France. Pray that he will faithfully share the Good News, that people will respond with repentance and belief and that Father will allow him to start a new church there.
4. Please pray for Sandy as she continues to prepare for writing a book. Pray that she will create the time for writing and that Father will write through her.
5. Please continue to pray for healing for my pinched sciatic nerve. I am still experiencing pain. Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 6/2
1. Please continue to pray with Sandy and me as we spend time here in Jackson, Tennessee. Pray that we will find the right balance between our regular work and travel etc. while ministering to our mothers as well.
2. Please continue to pray with us for Amir and Ella. They are heading into a busy summer with outreach teams arriving soon as well as Sandy and I arriving in July while also preparing for their wedding on August 18. Please pray with us that they will continue to grow in their love for one another and our Lord Jesus, that they will find the right amount of time to be together and that they will not stress over all the planning details as their wedding approaches.
3. Please pray with us as our team continues to grow and the reach of our work expands. I must admit when I was budgeting for this year, I completely underestimated the rapidness of our growth. Our team has grown from 7 to 19 full time workers. We make up six different teams now. Amir reports that seldom does a day pass that someone doesn't gets saved. That is astounding to me! Please pray for us as we need at least $23,000 for the COTR teams for this year. Sandy and I are asking the Lord to provide an additional $18,000 for our personal responsibilities for the remainder of 2018 as well. We believe that Father wants to provide every penny of it as we are believing it is Him who is doing this work, not us.
4. Please pray for my hip. I was incapacitated two years ago by a pinched sciatic nerve in my right hip. I have symptoms again. Pray that Father will take the pain away. It hurts a lot and I can barely walk when it is in full flare. Please pray with us for complete healing in Jesus name.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/26
1. Manar has proven himself faithful as a leader with COTR over the past year. He is eager to start new Muslim background churches in France. Please pray for him as he begins this new phase in his life. Pray also for our team as they continue to train and support him as he begins. Pray also for him financially. He is unsure how he will support himself. The COTR sent him off with a blessing and a few Euros in his pocket. It is so amazing to see the generosity of these refugees who have nothing but still give to help their brother! They have learned this sense of generosity from you.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me as we travel to Jackson, Tennessee this week to be near our mothers. We will be there for the month of June before we go to Frankfurt for the summer. Pray for patience and contentment during this next season of our lives as we have decided to rent a place there in TN so that when we are in the States we will be much more available to help our mothers. We will divide our time between Germany and the States for a while with lots of travel back and forth anticipated. Thank you for praying.
3. Please pray with us about a new initiative that has been on my heart for a long time. I want to challenge 100,000 families across the USA to invite a Muslim refugee into their homes for dinner. I call it, “An Evening with Jesus.” Pray with us that we might know how to bring this together and how the Lord might desire to enable it to happen. And if you would be interested in helping, please write.
4. Sandy and I need extra strength for the next few months. We will be in Tennessee, Houston and Germany. There will be so much happening including outreach teams coming, lots of discipleship and the marriage ceremony of our young Amir and Ella. Pray also for us as we trust our Father to provide for us financially during this next season. The COTR team is continuing to grow and the expenses of keeping the team on the road has grown. Pray that we will trust Christ for all our needs according to his riches in glory.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/19
1. Let's pray together for the families of the ones who were shot dead or wounded in the Santa Fe High School in Texas this past week. Please pray for comfort for those who mourn and for the families who must now pick up the pieces in the aftermath of this tragic event.
2. Please continue to pray for Sandy as she heals from Shingles. Pray that she will not experience any long term pain. Please ask our Lord to help her sleep well at night.
3. Please pray with us as I will be traveling to Vienna, Austria this week for a 3 day meeting. I will have the opportunity to minister to hundreds of new former Muslim believers. As Amir, Bashar and I cast the vision for how Father is working in Germany, would you pray with us that the Lord will raise up laborers to join us across Europe as we seek to share the love of Christ with every Muslim who has made their way to European soil.
4. Please continue to pray for Manar. This week our friends from Open Doors said that they have a church in Berlin who will extend a place of asylum to him. He needs this while we work on getting his residency request approved. Unofficially, in Germany a church can grant asylum on their property and the police will not enter the premises to take them. Pray with us that our Berlin team will welcome him in and that he will be as valuable a minister to them as he has been to us.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/12
1. Please pray with Sandy and me as this week will be a recuperation and catch-up week for us. A. I will be leading a meeting with a small group of men and women on a teleconference to discuss the current day opportunities of refugees as it relates to fulfilling the Great Commission. B. I will also be finalizing our planning for our 7 Summer Outreaches this summer in Germany. For Sandy, she will be continuing to work on writing her book.
2. Please pray with us as we have made a decision as to how we will minister to our Mothers over the next season of their lives. We have struggled with knowing how to continue with the work that Father has called us to and how to best love and honor our Mothers at this fragile point in their lives. We feel certain of both callings. We will be spending more time in West Tennessee, in Jackson and Grand Junction this fall so that we can help our Mothers. We will travel back and forth while I provide continued leadership and mentoring to our leaders on the ground. This will be a critical time in our lives. Please pray with and for us as we seek to honor God and to honor our Mothers with our lives.
3. Please pray for Amir and Ella as they take more and more of the leadership responsibility among the COTR Team. Father has prepared him for such a time as this. I am so grateful for all that Father has done in our brother and sister that has led them to this place.
4. Pray for me as I prepare for a trip to Vienna next week. I will meet up with Amir and Bashar and together we will share with other new Muslim followers of Jesus Christ. We will spend time together listening, sharing and seeing how the Hand of our Father is working mightily in these turbulent days.
Prayer Requests for Week 5/5
1. Please pray for Sandy and me as we are apart this week. I am in Nashville for a week of National Guard work. Pray that I will focus on my duties this week. I have a year left before I retire. I have sensed the Lord telling me to finish well. Please pray that I do so. Pray for Sandy as she writes this week, that she will have a clear mind and write all that God desires.
2. Please pray for our Church on the Road Team (COTR) this week. They are visiting refugee camps every day. New souls are being added to the kingdom continually. Pray that each of our new brothers and sisters in Christ will be nurtured well and that they will be aware of and receive Father's provision in their daily lives.
3. Will you pray with me that the Lord will provide a sponsoring church for Bashar and Lana? They have proven themselves to be devoted and extremely competent in their service of our Lord. They have 9 generations of disciples which they have led to faith in Christ. Now they are overseeing their discipleship. The time has come for them to be released from the government subsidy program. They will need some financial support soon. I have watched them closely for over a year now. They are the real deal and have proven so faithful in their service of our Lord. I am asking the Lord to provide $1,000 a month for them.
4. Thank the Lord with us for the provision of funds to logistically equip a second COTR team. We are so grateful for God's goodness. Pray with us that as our summer teams arrive that Father will go before us and that he will prepare many hearts to receive Jesus.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/28
1. Please pray for our brother, Manar. He is one of our five key leaders and such a joy to us! He has proven to be reliable over the past six months since we led him to faith in Christ and saw him baptized. This week he was denied asylum. The police came to arrest him and to send him home. As it turns out he has been running from some things in his past, before he came to Christ. Please pray with us as we seek to help him. He has already informed his family in Afghanistan that he has become a follower of Christ. They assured him that if he ever showed up there, that he would be immediately killed. Please pray for peace. Pray for wisdom as to what he/we should do. One who harbors fugitives can be liable for a 25,000 euro fine and two years in jail.
2. One of the sisters who attended our leadership training a few weeks was moved to a new refugee camp in a city called, Lorsch. She called Amir and asked if he would come to share the Gospel in her new camp. When he arrived, she had gathered 50 Muslims together. Our Church on the Road guys began to share the Gospel. They broke them down into smaller groups to share and to answer questions about the Gospel. By the end of the evening 36 people had invited Christ into their lives! Pray for these new brothers and sisters. Ask Father to protect them in the midst of persecution and to help them grow in their new faith. Pray that they will be faithful to stand strong for Christ and to share the Truth.
3. Please pray for me as I provide leadership for a new task force for an initiative called, 24:14. I will be hosting a teleconference this week with other practitioners to see if we might gather in the near future to form a learning community. Pray that our hearts will become united, that we will indeed learn from one another and that God will be glorified.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/21
1. Please pray with us as our Church on the Road team reported to me this morning that they are starting 11 new churches this week. Pray for our brothers and sisters in Haiger, Germany. This core group of churches is emanating from one refugee camp, where the Holy Spirit has been working mightily as our team has ministered there.
2. Pray for me and our German pastor friend who will pass through Houston this week so that we can spend some time together in prayer; also to strategize about how to start 1,000 new churches across Germany. Pray that we will hear God's mind on how He wants to do it and that we will know who he wants to be involved.
3. Pray for the training sessions this week as our Church on the Road team will be training 11 new pastors to start the 11 new churches. Only our Father can enable these kinds of events to happen. Thank you for praying with us. Pray that God would anoint each of these brothers and that they would catch the vision to not only start a church; but that they would start a movement of churches.
4. Please pray for our five Church on the Road leaders: Amir, Manar, Bashar, Yahya and Moussa. Join me in asking our Father to provide for them and their families through a sponsor/partnership that we are developing for each one of them. Each leader has reached a level of spiritual development that I believe has prepared them for the next level of responsibility. They are not simply pastoring churches; they are pastoring pastors who are pastoring churches.
5. Please pray for me as I will meet this week with some potential partners who could really contribute in many ways to the work that Father is doing. Pray that Father will give me great favor and that they will catch the vision.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/14
1. Please pray for me this week. I am the plenary speaker at the MRDS annual gala on Thursday evening. The title of my talk is "Intelligent Compassion in a Dystopian Future." Pray that the words of my mouth will flow from our Father's heart and that they will fall on the fertile soil of the hearts of all my listeners, so that Christ will be honored. Please pray that his sons and daughters will be pierced with the truth, to the point of radical action.
2. Please pray for our five Church on the Road leaders: Amir, Manar, Bashar, Yahya and Moussa. Each are involved in the work in new ways this week as we foray out in five different directions each day rather than only one or two. Will you also pray with us as we are seeking for groups or individuals to sponsor each leader for the next year? Our window of opportunity is open now and we do not want to miss it.
3. Please pray for Amir and Ella this week as they will petition the German government for permission to marry in August. It should not be a problem, but please pray with us during this season of their lives. In the lives of refugees, there are many loopholes and possibilities for bureaucratic errors.
4. Thank the Lord with us for the purchase of the red van, our second COTR vehicle! We are so grateful as it is now on the road. We will start our heavy outreach season next week. We are asking the Lord to provide some tents, cots, sleeping bags, tables and chairs...as well as funds for food. Please pray that these things will be provided in abundance for our teams because they never run out of possibilities to minister to men and women daily in the camps. They are refugees themselves so, in spite of their incredible generosity from their small means, we are asking for Father to provide resources externally as well.
5. Pray for my visit with a German pastor, Cris who will visit us in Houston this week. He is one of our primary partners in Germany and has shown us great favor. Pray that our time will be Christ-centered and filled with vision for the future.
Prayer Requests for Week 4/7
1. Please pray with Sandy and me as we fly back to Houston on Tuesday. Pray for a safe journey as well as a speedy re-acclimation. Also, as I prepare for speaking at some large events there in Houston pertaining to our work with the refugees. Please pray that God will speak through me. Thank you.
2. We are expanding to four Church on the Road teams. Please pray for our younger teammates as they will be stepping out on their own to do their own outreaches and discipleship. The names of our team leaders are: Amir, Manar, Bashar and Yahya. They are great brothers who are growing mightily in their faith.
3. One of our prayer partners, Dan faithfully attempts to go on a short-term mission trip each year. Before the trip he always gets deathly sick. Dan is preparing to go on another trip next month. Would you join with us in praying that he will not only, not get sick, but that he will experience supernatural strength and energy during this time? Pray that the time before, during and after the trip will be anointed and filled with divine appointments.
4. Please pray for our new churches in the following cities: Hanau, Büdingen, Lorsch, Worms, Darmstadt, Leipzig, Plaume, and Limburgh. Pray that they will continue to grow in faith and multiply as communities in Christ.
5. Please pray for Sandy as she has been wrestling with sleeping issues again. Several nights this week she has simply not been able to sleep much at all. Pray that she will sleep sweetly each night. Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/31
1. Please continue to pray with us concerning the follow-up of over 100 Muslims who have expressed an interest in hearing more about Christ. Pray that they will have dreams and visions. Pray that each one will hear the Gospel and respond!
2. Pray that our team will be bold in their witness and thorough in their ministry ensuring that not one who has expressed an interest will miss the opportunity to know Christ.
3. Please pray with us for the Deep Waters Institute. This is our leadership school. It is the place where our fruitful leaders are invited for additional training and preparation. This will be key as Father has opened so many doors to continually spread the Good News. Pray that Father would raise up many labors from within this harvest. Pray with us for the right place to meet and for the right partnerships for faculty.
4. Please pray for Sandy and me as we spend time with the ones Father has given us the privilege to disciple. Pray that we will encourage them, cast vision for the next steps in the work God has for all of us, and that our relationships will be strengthened. .
5. Please continue to pray for the refugee situation here. One of my friends told me yesterday that the German government has announced that within the next 18 months most of the asylum cases will be resolved. He said that most will be repatriated back to their homes of origin. This has created great fear within the refugee community. Pray that Father will use all this for His glory, that he will give peace to the refugees and that all will have an opportunity to hear the Gospel while here. Pray that they be sent home with the skills to start churches there.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/24
1. Please pray for the follow-up of many Iranians and Afghans who heard the Gospel at the two Nawruz New Years Celebrations that we held this weekend. Hundreds of Muslims had the opportunity to hear clearly God’s Good News for them. We are believing that many will turn their hearts to Christ.
2. Please pray with Sandy and me as we travel to Frankfurt on Tuesday to be with our brothers and sisters. We will both hit the ground running as we spend time with those we are discipling and leading. It will be a joyful time as our relationships run really deep with these precious brothers and sisters. Pray that we will be able to structure our time wisely so that we can spend the right amount of time with just the right people. It will be super simple to over commit and burn out. Pray for safety and good health on our journey.
3. Please continue to pray for our mothers. They are such wonderful women. It is our hearts desire to honor them in this stage of their lives. Pray that they will experience joy and purpose.
4. Please pray for our sister, Vashti. She has decided to take a very wrong pathway. She wants to retain her faith, but also live like the world. She is lonely and fearful for her future. It is causing her to make some very bad decisions. Please pray that she will see clearly that her lifestyle choices are sinful and that she is separating herself from the family of Christ to indulge in sinful living.
5. Please pray for many of our new believers who are being rejected by the government for asylum. They are so fearful for what will happen to them upon their return to their countries. They literally fear for their lives. Pray that their trust will remain in Christ alone and that they will find their joy and peace in him, no matter what happens.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/17
1. Please pray for our entire family this week. Sandy and I will be in Anderson, SC with Tiffany for a few days. Please pray for Tiffany as her divorce will be finalized on Monday. Needless to say, this is so difficult, heartbreaking actually. We all know that divorce is not God's best. Tiffany found herself in a position where she felt that to stay in her marriage would be harmful for the children. Constant verbal and occasional physical abuse set the stage for change that had to happen. Pray for all of us as we navigate the waters with Tiffany during this new stage in her life.
2. Please pray for me as I speak at an evangelism workshop/retreat next weekend in Bryan, Texas. I am excited to share the things that Father has taught us over the last few years as many Muslims have come to faith in Jesus Christ. Pray with us that this group of young adults will perceive all that Father has to teach us....and that we will all act on it.
3. Pray with us for the refugees that continue to show up on our shores. Their desperation has not been abated by controls that are being put on the flow of refugees by governments. Where a wall goes up, a new hole in the system is discovered. These are very industrious people. They are afraid, anxious and desperate. Pray that the Lord will protect them, bring peace to their lands and to their hearts.
4. Please continue to pray for our team, especially for Amir and Bashar. Their leadership is indispensable. They are doing such a wonderful job. Pray that they will experience great joy from our Father and that they will find fulfillment in serving His great purposes.
5. Please continue to pray for Sandy and me as we seek to understand God's desire concerning caring for our mothers; as well as for Tiffany and the family. We really desire to get this right. We would value your prayers as well as any counsel that you are prepared to give us.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/10
1. Please continue to pray for complete health for everyone on our Church on the Road team. Amir, Bashar, Manar and Brad are still under the weather; some better but not 100% yet.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me. We are still in Tennessee, seeking to understand God’s will concerning how we are to honor and minister to our mothers. Both are starting to show signs of illness to the point of needing more care than they currently have.
3. We will return to Germany for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. Please pray for us as we will spend time with those we have been discipling. Pray that we will know how to minister to each of them and that they will be encouraged by our presence. Please pray that we will give our time to the exact ones God desires us to while we are there.
4. Our Church on the Road team continues to start new churches every week...yes, that is right..every week! I hope to send out a generational mapping graph soon so that you can see specifically how this glorious thing is multiplying all over Germany. Churches are even beginning to expand to other parts of Europe! We are so grateful to God.
5. Please continue to pray for the marriages and soon to be marriages of our team. Pray for Bashar and Loni, Manar and Elaha, as well as for Amir and Ella as their wedding date is coming soon, August 18th. Pray that Father will protect them from the evil one as they are so vulnerable to his attacks in the midst of this immense struggle.
Prayer Requests for Week 3/3
1. Please pray for Sandy and me as we will be on the road all week long. We will drive from Nashville to Atlanta on Tuesday to be with Summer, Chad and Elle. Then we will make our way to Anderson, SC to be with Tiffany, Oliver, Oceana and Oakley. On the weekend we will drive back to Nashville, where I have 5 days of annual training with the National Guard. Please pray for safety, smooth running of our car and for favor as we love and minister to our families and the soldiers that I command.
2. Please pray for our entire Church on the Road team for health. Everyone of them are down with the flu. Please pray for each of them to recover soon. Pray that they will experience a special presence of our Lord while they are sick. Few of us know what it is like to be sick in a strange land with few or any resources to care for ourselves. It can be frightening. Pray for peace and healing for them. Thank you.
3. Please pray with us for all the details as we purchase the COTR van this week. This might be tricky without me there. Pray that all goes smoothly.
4. Please join us in prayer as the Church on the Road Team travels to Munich to meet with and train almost 100 new brothers and sisters who have come to faith in Christ through others who were led to faith in Frankfurt. They need to be discipled! Pray with us that they will receive God's Word in their hearts and that they embrace the desire to multiply both disciples and churches. Pray with us for the start of 10 new churches next week.
5. Please pray that Amir will continue to grow in Spirit and Truth as he leads the work in my absence. Father is using him in mighty ways.
Prayer Requests for 2/24
1. Please continue to pray with us for the hundreds of thousands of Muslims who have come to Europe in search of peace and hope. Please pray with us that each of them will have the opportunity to hear the Good News and that they will respond in humility to the gift of eternal life in Christ. Pray for our team as we are determined that every single man, woman and child who has come to Europe will hear.
2. Please pray with us for our new brothers and sisters who are being persecuted by the Muslim community here in Germany. There have been several beatings recently. There is an increasing fear among our disciples. The police response has been interesting. They have said things like, "Maybe you should convert back to Islam, then these problems will go away." Their feeling is that one religion is as good as another. Pray for the German police as well.
3. Pray for our City Leaders Training this week. Pray that the leader's zeal for Christ will continue to grow. Please pray that they will remain committed to God's Word and that they will boldly share the Good News with those in their refugee camps.
4. Please pray for our new teammate, Carl. Pray that as he develops new partners, he will cast a clear vision and that many will respond to join him in this work that Father has called him to do.
5. Would you pray with us for 99 new Praelude 20/20 prayer partners? Would you invite your friends to join with you and us in this strategic partnership? Father is doing amazing things. If this is worth investing our lives in, would it not be worth it for others to join us as well? Thank you.
Prayer Requests for 2/17
1. Even though much is happening in the work He has called us to do, Father is expanding the vision! We need your prayers as we seek to develop some tools to articulate this new vision clearly. Pray that we will not get caught up in the vision, but stay caught up in the Revealer of all visions. What Father is doing is amazing! We are grateful to be involved in it. We look forward to sharing it soon.
2. Please pray for our Church on the Road team this week. They continue to travel from camp to camp sharing the Good News, making disciples and starting churches. Pray that they will stay centered on Jesus. Pray also that they will resist becoming so focused on the mission that they neglect the personal nurturing of their souls. Spiritual rest and focus on Christ is our prayer for the team right now.
3. Please pray for Sandy as she works through all that is necessary for writing a book that God is leading her to write. Pray for discipline, her schedule and for clarity of mind as she begins to write. I think many will be blessed by what our Father has to say through her.
4. Please pray with us for two of our new team mates, Mark Handle and Linda Reynolds. They are currently in the partnership building process. They both have critical roles to play in the expanding vision that the Lord is unfolding before our eyes. Pray that they will be able to build their partnership teams as quickly as possible. Please pray that we will follow Father's plan clearly especially as far as timing goes, for relocating and for beginning their new work.
5. Please pray with me as I lose the rest of the weight I need to lose. I am feeling so much better having lost some weight. My joints have stopped aching; my blood sugar levels have dropped and my blood pressure is improving. I am so grateful to the Lord for his strength.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/10
1. With Amir's acceptance by the German government for asylum/residency, (Bless the Lord!!!) many new doors are opening up for us for the sake of the Gospel. Please pray that as these new opportunities open to us that we will keep our focus on God's will. It will be tempting to do many good things, but perhaps at the expense of the best things. Pray for open eyes and ears to hear and obey the Lord.
2. Please continue to pray for Amir and Ella as they make plans to be married on the 18th of August. They have asked me to officiate the wedding. My biggest concern for them is that they communicate well with one another. It is challenging enough communicating as a man and woman, even when speaking the same language. They have decided that their marriage language will be English, a second language for both of them. Pray for supernatural understanding and ability to communicate.
3. Please pray for Sandy as she travels to be with Tiffany during her child custody mediation on the 16th of February. We anticipate that this will be a difficult meeting as Dave has made it clear that he plans to fight about his visitation limitations with the children. We continue to be very concerned about the welfare of the children. We still believe that due to Dave's PTSD disabilities, leaving the children with him for more than a few hours at a time is not a good idea. Pray that we understand this matter and act with wisdom and grace. Pray that the children will be completely protected and that the very best decisions will be made on their behalf.
4. We have concluded that purchasing that 2010 van for a second Church on the Road team is the right decision. Will you pray with us that the Lord will provide the $6,000 needed to make that purchase? This will double our outreach ability. As the number of churches being started continues to grow, the need to expand our capacities becomes more as well.
5. Please continue to pray with us for our health. Sandy and I both feel well but we are asking the Lord for the strength needed to accomplish all that he has in store for us. I have lost 27 pounds. I still need to lose another 19 pounds. Pray for discipline and steadfastness to reach our goals. Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/03
1. Please pray for my on-going relationships with the four former Imams I spent time with last week. We are praying about them joining our Church on the Road team. They are eager to join in on the training that Father has begun through this initiative. This would allow us to expand into the Arabic speaking community with greater traction. We have a few Arabs in our groups, but have not yet made serious inroads into the Syrian, Yemeni and Iraqi communities. Most of our churches are Iranian and Afghani. Please keep praying that many more churches will be started.
2. Please pray for our three new churches that were started this past week in Limberg, Biblis and Wiesbaden. Pray that the leadership will hear God's voice as they continue to share the Gospel and make new disciples.
3. Please pray for our logistics coordinator, Brad as he will be traveling in the U.S. for a few weeks. Pray that his time will be spirit -filled and that he will mobilize new partnerships. Pray also for the team in Frankfurt while Brad is away, as they continue to visit refugee camps and centers encouraging the new disciples.
4. Pray with us as we consider the purchase of another van as we start another Church on the Road Team. We have been offered a great deal on a 2010 van for about $6,000. This would allow us to double the number of sites we can visit. Please pray that the Lord will provide the resources if this is to be. (Right now we have almost 240 disciples. They need to continue to be discipled. We have over 27 leaders, all former Muslims who are following up with them.)
5. Please continue to pray for our daughter, Tiffany as she goes through child custody (visitation decisions) mediation on the 16th of February. She is under much stress as she adjusts to a new job and raises the children on her own. Please pray that she will find her rest and peace in Jesus Christ alone.
Prayer Requests for Week 1/27
1. Please continue to pray for us as we are apart until Wednesday. Pray that both Sandy and I will know great joy and peace during this season.
2. Please continue to pray for peace and unity among our brothers on our leadership team. We are from Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Korea and the U.S. There are cultural strains between them at times. Pray for great grace as I know the enemy wants to distract and disrupt what God is doing here. You could pray from Ephesians 4:29-32. Thank you!
3. Please pray for Tiffany as she goes to a child custody mediation meeting on the 16th of February. Please pray that Father will cause the very best decisions to be made for the children regarding visitation, amount of hours to be spent with their dad- or not. Please also pray for great favor for Tiffany.
4. This week we will be encouraging up to 25 of the new churches that have been started. Our brothers and sisters are experiencing a lot of movement by the government. Everyday we hear of another who is being or has been relocated to a different refugee camp. As you can imagine this makes it hard to maintain consistency in one place. The good thing is that it is opening incredible doors for starting more churches. We are believing the Lord for 170 churches this year.
5. Will you continue to pray for our mothers? Marilyn (Sandy's) and Beverly (mine); both of them are experiencing some health issues and loneliness. Pray with us for joy and good health for them. Pray that we will both know how to serve them during this phase of their lives.
Prayer Requests for Week 1/20
1. Please pray for Sandy and me as we are apart these next two weeks. We really like each other so it has gotten increasingly difficult to be separated for more than a couple of days at a time! Pray that we will be able to stay connected; also that both of us will stay healthy during this season.
2. Please pray for my time with our core leadership while I am in Germany (in route there today, 2/20). We have really missed each other and are looking forward to a sweet time of fellowship together. Pray that we will each continue to grow in our understanding of God's calling and vision for His work.
3. Please pray for our upcoming leaders workshop 27-29 Jan. About 20 of our leaders plan to attend. Please ask that the Lord will use this time to solidify the vision among each person there. Pray that we will all understand the need for multiplication and Kingdom expansion. Pray also for a spirit of trust among our brothers, many of whom do not know one another.
4. Please pray for my time with four former Imams who will be joining our movement. They are eager to be trained and are really engaged with expanding the Kingdom. Already they have begun to share their new faith in Jesus Christ. Pray that Father would knit our hearts together as one.
5. There are several difficult things that I will be dealing with while I am in Frankfurt over the next couple of weeks. Two critical ones are: German taxes (very confusing) and our legal residency there. Pray that I get both resolved so that we can continue to work throughout all of Europe. Pray for patience for me and for all the resources needed to accomplish this.
6. Our granddaughter, Oceana (6) has the flu along with Tiffany. Oliver (8) and Oakley (3) are currently well. Tiffany begins her new job at a hospital on Monday. Please pray for healing for them, for protection from sickness for Oliver and Oakley AND for those who will be caring for the children while Tiffany works. Thanks so much.
Prayer Requests for Week 1/13
1. Please continue to pray for Amir. This past week he was informed that he will not be allowed to officially move his residence from the refugee camp (in a small village 1 1/2 hours north of Frankfurt) to Frankfurt, where our work is centered. He was also told that because he now has a job, that he will be required to pay the government 500 Euros per month. Though we understand, it will stretch us financially. Pray with us that the Lord will provide during this season. His situation has been in limbo for 4+ years now. Pray that the Lord will grant him permission to stay in Germany and that he will get his citizenship.
2. Please pray for us as I head back to Germany for 11 days this next weekend. Pray for Sandy while I am away. Please pray for my time with our team as I hope to encourage them and continue to train them. This church planting movement has been going very fast. I think I will be walking into a tired, yet hopeful group. Please pray with us that God will lead us, unite our hearts around his vision; also that I will encourage and instruct.
3. Please continue to pray for our brother, Steve Smith. His health has improved enough so that he will be able to have his surgery on Tuesday, the 16th of January. Pray for the doctors to be wise, for no cancer and for complete recovery.
4. Please continue to pray with me about my weight. I have lost 23 pounds. I have another 23 pounds to go to get to my goal. This is such a significant event in my life. I believe that it is a matter of life and death for me. I am taking it very seriously.
5. Please pray for our upcoming Leaders Training Workshop. We will have 20 former Muslims joining us for training. Pray for strength and provision for them. We are praying that all will receive scholarships for $100 per person for the event. If you or someone you know might want to sponsor a leader, jot me a note as I would love to help make that happen.
2. Please pray for Amir and Brad this week as they take a well deserved break. Brad will travel to Switzerland to ski with friends. Amir will be with Ella's family in Fulda, Germany. Ghafur is continuing to heal from his knee surgery. Please pray for quick healing.
3. Please pray with us as our Church on the Road van is being worked on this week. It will have the transmission rebuilt. Aside from the astronomical cost, this is slowing down the team from getting back to the more remote villages where we have started churches. Pray that the van will be ready and running smoothly soon.
4. Please continue to pray for our friend and co-worker, Steve Smith. Steve's bilirubin has dropped to 2.2! He is beginning to gain weight and the liver is growing. Doctors are elated. His surgery is scheduled for Jan. 16th. Please pray that he will continue to heal and that the surgery will be successful. -Steve has been such a integral part of our Church on the Road Strategy.
5. Please continue to pray for Sandy and me as we enter into 2018. We are believing that this is going to be a momentous year for the work that God is doing in and through us. Pray that we will trust him completely and that we will walk with great faith.
Prayer Requests for Week 12/23
1. We pray with you for "Peace on earth, good will towards men." Will you pray with us that during the next week the evil one and those who would do harm through Jihadist terror would be thwarted. Please pray that their hearts will be convicted by the Holy Spirit. Ask that they would turn from their darkness to the Prince of light and peace.
2. Pray for Amir as he will meet with Ella's entire family (70 of them) on this Saturday (23rd) for their official announcement of their engagement party! Pray that they will be received well by everyone and that he will minister to them with grace and love.
3. Pray for our churches, all of which will be celebrating Christmas for the first time as Christians. Please pray that as they establish their new customs as followers of Christ, that they will draw on the best of Christian tradition while discarding the less biblical ones and those which flow from the consumeristic West.
4. Please continue to pray with us for our end of the year fund-raising. It is important as it helps us to know how to plan for the next year. We are asking for our Lord to give us an additional $45,000 by years end.
5. Please pray with us as our family celebrates together and then as we all travel back to our homes this week. Please pray for safety for Tiffany, Oliver, Oceana and Oakley to South Carolina. For Summer, Chad and Elle to Atlanta. And...Marilyn, Sandy's Mother back to Jackson, Tennessee. Also, pray for Abigail, Mason, Jane and Lucy as they rest and recover from having all of us in their home this Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS with love from us!
We are so grateful for your friendship and partnership with us. Merry Christmas to you all!
Prayer Requests for Week 12/16
1. Please pray with us as our family will gather together later this week in College Station, TX to celebrate the Lord's birth. This is generally the one time each year when we are all in one place at the same time. Tiffany, Oliver, Oceana and Oakley arrive on Tuesday; Summer, Chad and Elle arrive on Thursday, Sandy's mother, Marilyn arrives on Friday; then we all meet at Abigail, Mason, Jane and Lucy's on Saturday for a blessed celebration and worship time together. Pray for safety as we travel, for peace and patience as we (8 adults and 6 children) spend 3 days together mostly under one roof.
2. I was able to send out our support guide for 2018, especially regarding the Church on the Road strategy, but also for our personal support. Please join us in prayer as we ask Father to provide for all that is needed to carry out what He has called us to do. Pray that He will provide us with an additional $48,000 by years's end.
3. The Lord is stirring within me the next stages of our Muslm ministry, especially in regards to some very special kinds of Muslms we are encountering. I am calling it, "The Grandfather Project." Will you pray that we will clearly hear the Lord as this new plan begins to unfold? Pray also that I will be quick to listen and to obey as this may be the most complex thing I have ever done.
4. We baptized 12 new brothers and sisters this week! We are rejoicing at all Father is doing in our midst. We are seeing Muslms come to faith regularly now, some in the 2nd and 3rd generation. This is incredibly encouraging to me. It sets the stage for a healthy church when the new members are led to faith in Christ by other people of their own culture.
5. Please pray for our new brother, Assad. He was an Imam and Hafez just like Amir. Today he is a follower of Jesus Christ! As a matter of fact, they attended the same Muslm seminary. Pray for Assad as Amir begins to disciple him and as he grows in his new faith.
Prayer Requests for Week 12/09
1. Please pray for the Church on the Road team this week. We had a minor set-back as the gear box on the VW Van broke down--and then we were warned by the police that winter tires are required for the van. We found a place who will do the work for half what the dealership wanted, but the repairs and tires will still cost us at least $2400. Please pray that the Lord will provide the funds necessary to get this fixed and the team back on the road.
2. Would you pray with Sandy and me as we prepare our end of year funding needs request. This has been a difficult year for funding as the work has expanded beyond our imagination and the exchange rate has "killed us", causing a loss of 15% of our income right off the top. Pray that we will trust the Lord to provide and that he will lay on the hearts of those he desires to join us in this journey. Pray that we will raise about $50,000.
3. Please pray with us as Amir will travel to Stuttgart this week to meet with several former Imams. We will meet online for a several hour teleconference. I will have an opportunity to cast vision, teach God's Word to them and to pray with them. One of the former Imams is from Sudan, one from Egypt, one from Syria and the other from Iraq. This will begin a whole new lineage of brothers and sisters for us. I am so excited about what Father has in store! Pray that they will unite in the vision and that they will have kindred spirits towards one another. This is no small task.
4. Would you continue to pray for our brother Steve Smith? Would you pray for a miraculous intervention of healing by Almighty God and that Thursday's procedures will enable the left side of the liver to grow strong (at least 10%), and that Steve's body will respond favorably, with no infection; also for bilirubin to drop below a 2. The Lord has used our dear brother immeasurably for His Kingdom. Our prayer is that he will grow strong and be able to continue to serve.
Prayer Requests for Week 12/02
1. Please pray for me this week as I write a particularly difficult issue of "More than Meets the Eye." It is a horrific topic, but one which needs to be written. I need God's favor to write it sensitively.
2. Please pray for Sandy and me was we try to rest and work at the same time this week. We have been on the road for almost a month so we're very tired. Pray that we will be wise not to over schedule. Pray that we will get all unpacked and regrouped at the apartment in Houston.
3. Pray for our new brothers in Germany. The Lord has brought 3 more former Imams into our fellowship. Amir will be spending several days with them this week. Pray that father will knit our hearts together and that our vision will be unified as we take some next steps to reaching a more difficult segment of the Muslm world.
4. Will you pray for me as I work with a team here in Houston to develop a significant strategy for reaching all the Muslms in the Houston area? There have been tens of thousands of Muslm refugees who have arrived in Houston over the past couple of years. That number is over 200,000 now. Pray for God's favor and vision. Thank you.
5. Pray with me as I begin a new eating plan to lose 40 pounds. I've been told once again by a doctor that this is critical to my health. I am trusting God to help me to be disciplined and focused on getting back to good health again. I need your prayers. Thank you so much.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/25
1. Please pray for Sandy and me this week. We both have doctor's appointments in Nashville on Monday; then drive to Houston on Tuesday/Wednesday. Pray for safety on the road and for opportunities to share the name of Jesus with those we meet along the way. Please ask for us energy and wisdom.
2. Please pray with us this week for Amir. He has a specific need: about $2300 to pay for his German driver's license. He received permission to apply for one and to take the test; Bless the Lord! With the Church on the Road being a mobile ministry, he depends on many others to drive for him and the team. It would help us tremendously if he were able to get his license.
3. Please pray for our new church starts in Leipzig and Plaume. We will baptize over 30 there this week! The Lord has given us great favor with a Korean Church there who will allow us to use their facilities as it is quite cold now in the river. Pray that these leaders will grow in their faith and in their courage as they share the Good News of Christ Jesus.
4. Would you pray for our brother and sister, Ameer and Caroline? They will marry on December 3rd. I will preach the message, entitled, "Marriage and the Gospel." I am so excited about this message! Pray that any there who do not know Jesus as Savior will rejoice in the Good News and embrace it with all their hearts. Please also pray blessings on Ameer and Caroline as they look forward to years of life and ministry together.
5. Please pray for More than Meets the Eye. We will roll out our new website this week, www.morethanmeets.co Pray that many will subscribe! I believe that what I am writing is important and truly matters. Second, all the profits are going to help create jobs for our new city church starts and pastors.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/18
May the Lord bless you all richly this week during your Thanksgiving celebration! I am so thankful for your prayer partnership with us!
1. Please pray with Sandy and me as we celebrate Thanksgiving with our families, for the first time in quite a while. Pray that we will be a blessing to each one of them; also that we will model thanksgiving from the depths of our hearts.
2. Please pray for one of our church leaders as he wrestles through a situation with his wife. She is a Christian but she struggles with her husband's work. Pray that Father will give Amir wisdom as he ministers to both of them this week. We know that the evil one wants to destroy our marriages to keep us from doing the appointed work of our Father.
3. Please pray for both Sandy and me. We feel exhausted. Pray that the Lord will restore our energy. Pray that we will wisely take time to recuperate from the past several weeks.
4. Please pray with us for Mike. We are asking the Lord about whether or not he should come and work with us. He is a gifted organizer and implementor. His partnership with us would be extremely valuable. Pray that the Lord will direct us both and that we will listen and obey Him.
5. Please continue to pray for Amir and Ella as they grow in their love for one another. Please pray that they will grow closer to the Father in this process and that their probable future marriage will be fully clothed with the love of Christ.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/11
1. Please pray with us for the Church on the Road team. They started two new churches this week, one in Leipzig and another in Plaume. Pray for our new leaders there as they devote themselves to the study of God's word and to ministering in their refugee camps.
2. Please pray with us for Amir and Ella as they continue to grow together in their devotion to Christ and to one another. Pray they are able to communicate well with one another. They speak to each other in a third language and of course there are major cultural differences. Pray that Father will draw them to Himself and to one another and that they will be protected from the enemy.
3. Please pray with us for Brad as he will be in the States for the Thanksgiving holiday with his family. Pray for safety and a joyful reunion with family and friends. Please also pray for more partners for the Church on the Road work as he will be sharing our vision with many.
4. Please pray for Sandy and me as we spend time with our children and grandchildren this week. Please ask for safety as we travel. Please also pray that as we spend time wth our family that it will be a blessed time of love and encouragement.
5. Would you pray with us for Sandy's mother, Marilyn? She has been having some problems with her heart, feels very weak and will be having tests soon. Please pray for healing, rest, strength and peace for her.
Prayer Requests for Week 11/4
I apologize again for the time that the Praelude Site was down last week. I believe that all is well now.
1. We had a delightful dinner this week with Amir. It was a time of celebration because he has entered into a courting relationship with one of our German sisters, Ella. What an amazing testimony of God's goodness! Will you please join us in prayer that God will bless their relationship if it is indeed His desire that they be together. Sandy and I have been counseling and praying with/for them in order to help them understand the complexities and difficulties, yet joys of their possible uniting. Thank you for praying with us for this extremely significant possibility.
2. Please pray for me as I finish preparing for my time this next week at Houston’s First Baptist Church. On Thursday evening I will be speaking at the M conference. I will attempt to help each of us understand how our lives have great meaning and purpose in a world that feels like it is going mad! Pray that I will honor God as I share with our brothers and sisters there.
3. Please pray for Sandy this week as she finishes preparing to leave Frankfurt for the next few months. There are many small things she needs to finalize for us here. She will fly to Atlanta on Friday. I will travel from Houston on Saturday to join her there.
4. Would you please join us in praying for our good friend, Steve Smith? Doctors very recently have discovered a mass on his liver. They/we are asking the Lord for the next steps as the doctors determine a treatment. Join us as we pray that Steve will be healed completely OR that God will do something even better! Please also pray that the right surgeon can see Steve very soon--Steve is very uncomfortable. Pray for relief, comfort and encouragement for him. Please also pray for his wife, Laura during this time.
Prayer Requests for Week 10/28
Sorry the site was down briefly this past week. It is back up and working fine
1. Please pray that I will stay focused on what I need to do this next week. I am flying back to Germany today (Saturday). I am very tired. Please also pray that I will get rest when I should. I really appreciate your prayers.
2. I did not take my PT test this past week. During my medical exam, the EKG had an irregular reading, so the doctor did not want me to take the PT test until I saw a specialist. So I did; then had a stress test, echocardiogram and a variety of other tests. They all came back showing that my heart is fine. I will continue to train over the next few weeks and take the PT test in November. Thank you for praying for me.
3. Please pray with Sandy and me as we prepare to spend some time in the States very soon. Houston will be our base for a season while we continue to build partnerships. I will be actively involved with the Church on the Road Team as well. There are new aspects of our work which we would love to communicate with you face to face. We hope to visit with many of you before we return to Germany.
4. Please continue to pray with us for our "More than Meets the Eye" initiative. I am enjoying writing the digests each week. God is blessing us and others through them. Our new website is up and we are looking for beta testers. If you want to test it for us please go to www.morethanmeets.co and take it for a test drive. You can even subscribe if you're interested. All the profits are going for creating vocational opportunities for our Muslim Background Believer (MBB) church-planters.
5. Please pray for Amir this week as we believe that Father is providing an opportunity for him to work via contract with a mission group. The incredible blessing is that I will still supervise his work and we will continue to do exactly what we are doing together. The "job" could really help with his visa process!
Prayer Requests for Week 10/21
1. Please pray with us this week for our Church on the Road team. We are working in 22 cities; started churches in each one. Bless the Lord! Follow-up on a daily basis is complex and a lot of work. Pray that our team will really stay focused; also that they will be intentional about taking time to rest. Amir in particular is a horse. He wants to go all day everyday. Pray that he will allow the team to take the needed rest.
2. Please remember us this week as I am in Nashville and Sandy is in Frankfurt. Pray that as we are apart, the Lord will work deeply in us and through us for his glory. I take my Physical Fitness test on Tuesday. I feel ready. Pray that I will not injure myself. Sandy will be meeting with several young women this week.
3. Pray for Amir. He is doing so well, but continues to wrestle with loneliness. Pray with us for him that he will find his rest and peace in Christ and that the Lord will give him a wife at the right time. He longs for a wife to share the joys and sorrows of his life.
4. Please also pray for Amir as he goes for his residency renewal interview this week. Last time he went they offered him money and a plane ticket to go home. Pray that the Lord will give him favor with the interviewer. The interview is scheduled for this Monday the 23rd.
5. Praise the Lord with us that Sandy's leg is much better! We're so thankful. She also finished her language class this week and did really well. She is so thankful to have taken the course, but glad now for the break.
Prayer Requests for Week 10/14
1. Please pray with us this week as I try to finish up my German Taxes. It is proving to be way more complex than I ever could have imagined. I won't get into the details, but please pray with us that I will get it done right and quickly. This kind of thing really wears me out.
2. Please pray for the after-math of a meeting we are having today (Saturday, 14th) in Frankfurt. We are meeting with 8 leaders from the Farsi (Iranian/Afghan) churches in Berlin from within our network. We are integrating our strategies into one strategy to reach the refugees in all the 16 states in Germany with the Gospel. It will be amazing to watch as Father takes what He has already begun and multiplies it into a church planting movement.
3. Please pray for our new church in Griesheim. This week, as a result of our short-term team, we were able to start a new church there! The Lord is really moving among the refugees in those two camps. Pray that leaders from within the community will be raised up and trained.
4. Please pray for me this week as I will be flying to Atlanta on Thursday; then driving to Nashville on Friday. I have my week-long annual training with my National Guard unit. Please pray with me as I take the Physical Fitness test. I have been training and feel pretty good about passing.
5. There is a situation in Iraq that is very difficult. I would love your prayers for this special request. There are around 2,000 women and children who were families from ISIS, some forced, some voluntary and many children. Since the Iraqi government has re-taken Mosul and north-western Iraq back from ISIS, these family members are sitting in a prison. Nobody knows what to do with them. Please pray that the Lord raises up an advocate for them, that they would find redemption, peace and salvation through Jesus Christ. They are in super difficult situation. Thank you.
Prayer Requests for Week 10/7
1. Please pray with us this week as we integrate a small team from Living Hope Church, Piperton, TN into what God is doing here. Please pray for divine appointments and opportunities to testify of the goodness of God’s grace through Jesus Christ. We will be in refugee camps Tuesday through Thursday.
2. Please continue to pray with us for Amir. Pray that in the midst of instability and sometimes loneliness that he will hold firmly to his identity in Christ and the certainty of his home in heaven. Few of us can actually understand how he feels; he needs our constant prayers. Pray that his residence permits will come soon. Many refugees are being asked to go back to their homes. He does fear this possibility and has assured me that he will be killed if this happens.
3. Please pray for the new church we started in Kassel this week. These ew believers are excited and filled with joy. They are eager to share their new-found faith in Jesus Christ.
4. Please pray for my Visa Renewal Interview this week with the Foreign office. Pray that I will receive favor and be given another 2 year renewal.
5. Please continue to pray for Sandy’s leg. She had an accident on her bike this past week and re-injured it. She has been icing everyday; there is improvement but some pain is persistent. Pray that she will have complete healing soon.
Thank you for continuing to pray for us and with us. You will never know how much of a difference you have made until we all get to heaven.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/30
1. Please continue to pray for me as I prepare for my National Guard Physical Training test, scheduled for October 24th. I am in the process of preparing and believe I will be ready but my foot is still a concern. I continue to have pain from the old injury. I would really like to do well on this last PT test, before I retire. One of my goals in life is to finish well in all that I do. Pray that I will work hard and not be injured in the process. -My body is starting to show signs of wear and tear; I even noticed in the mirror the other day that my hair is starting to thin out!
2. Please pray for our team. Last year we were privileged to lead several young Muslim men to faith in Christ. We lost track of some of them because the government moved them to Munich. This past week, Amir received a call from one of them. They have asked us to come and help them. They are doing Bible discovery Bible studies with close to 300 new believers. Pray for us that we can get down there as quickly as possible to help these brothers and sisters become viable churches.
3. Please pray for Ghafur and Aisha. They are an Iranian couple and part of the Church on the Road team. They plan to give a lot more time and effort to Bible teaching and church planting. Pray that the Lord will provide for them and that they will learn to trust Him in all things.
4. Please pray for Amir and Brad as they settle into their new apartment this week. This is such a praise for us! It is a great location and will be a great base for our Church on the road team. Thank the Lord with us for God's provision! Pray that this apartment will be a little bit of heaven on earth for all those who enter there.
5. Please join Sandy and me as we pray for her Egyptian classmate. Sandy will give her an Arabic Bible this week. We are convinced that God's Word never comes back void. Pray that she will read it and allow the Holy Spirit to draw her to Himself.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/23
1. Thank the Lord with us, as this past week Steve Smith spent three days with our team helping us to develop a new three year strategic plan for Church on the Road. It was such a blessing to our team.
2. Please remember to pray for Sandy and me as we are apart this week. After my National Guard duty days in Nashville, I will speak at a Perspectives class in Memphis and then drive to Atlanta to catch a plane home to Germany on Wednesday.
3. Please remember to pray for an apartment for Amir and Brad. They need to be out of our apartment by the end of next week when the lease ends. We really need one that we can afford. We are waiting to hear back concerning a really good one which we looked at this past week. Please pray for God's will.
4. Please pray for Sandy’s new friend from her German class, Mariam. She is not a believer, but she comes from a non-Muslim family in Egypt. She is being abused by her husband and comes to class often distraught. Pray for Sandy as she ministers to her. We are trying to find an Arabic-speaking women to share the Gospel with her.
5. Please also pray for our sister, Aisha. She needs encouragement. Sandy is quickly becoming her friend. They are both studying German in the same building so see each other on breaks from their classes. She is the wife of one of our Farsi-speaking church-planters. Though a new believer herself, she is being called upon to encourage and lead many other young women.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/16
1. Please pray with us for Amir. This past week he had a meeting with his social worker. She offered him 1,600 Euros along with a plane ticket if he would go home. He told her it would be hard to spend that kind of money if he was dead. She was not amused. She said he could refuse the offer and wait for his interview which could happen in the next 1, 2 or possibly 5 years! She said there is a waiting list a million people long. Pakistani's are at the bottom of the list, she said. Amir is discouraged. He has been living in limbo with no country, no documents, no possibility of travel and no legal status for 4 years. The stress has been showing. This situation is nearly impossible for us to understand. We throw our passport in a suitcase and go. They are telling him that for the next possibly 5 years he will be a man without a country. Pray with us that Father will intercede on his behalf and grant him a legal status here. Or that He will make arrangements for him in another place, making His will very clear.
2. Housing for Amir and Brad continues to be a specific and rapidly approaching need. Please pray that Father will provide a place for them this week and that we will know for sure that it is the right place.
3. I would encourage each of you to continue to pray for all the victims of the Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. It is usually about now that many will begin to tire of all the work, stress and exhaustion from weeks of tireless effort. Pray for supernatural strength for the responders. Pray for patience and provision for all those who have lost everything in these storms and that the Lord of all comfort will give peace in the midst of this after-storm trial.
4. Please pray for a young Egyptian woman, Mariam who is in Sandy's German class. She is a young mother, alone, afraid and hurting from a broken relationship. Pray with us that Sandy will minister life and grace to this sweet young woman. Pray that she will find peace and joy in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Prayer requests for Week 9/9
1. Please pray with us for our Church on the Road team this week. We will be continuing to do follow up with the brothers and sisters in Hanau. The new church will begin worshipping together this week. Please also pray for the new church in Kassel. Pray that they will soon be able to go to Karlsruhe because there are 5 Muslims there who have written to Ghulham asking him to come to them to share the Gospel with them.
2. I know this may sound mundane, but we are still asking the Lord to provide Amir and Brad a place to live. They have until the end of the month to accomplish this. We are specifically asking the Lord for a 3 bedroom so that they can host well the new disciples in the city.
3. Please pray for Sandy. She starts back into German language study this week. She will be in class Monday thru Friday for 3+ hours a day. This will be challenging for her as she manages all the other things she does regularly, as well as having just moved into a new place that is not yet fully organized.
4. Please pray for our time with two of our new friends who will be joining us this week, beginning on Thursday. Pray that their time will be God ordained, that they will connect with what Father is doing here and that the Lord would transform their lives as a result of their time with us.
5. Will you pray for me? I am preparing for my final Physical Fitness Test (PFT) with the Army. I take the test next month. It will be my last PF test before I retire. It is getting harder to get up for these tests at 58 years old. I want to finish well. Pray for diligence in my preparation and for strength, also that my foot will hold up until the test is over.
Prayer Requests for Week 9/2
1. My heart is raw as I consider all the weather-driven catastrophes going on in the world this week. There is flooding in Houston, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Niger, Sierra Leone and Yemen...so many lives impacted, thousands upon thousands dead. Close to over 100 million people's lives have been affected. Let's pray that the Lord will bring peace, safety and provision for all those whose lives have been torn apart by this past weeks tragedies.
2. Please pray for me as I travel to Paris at the end of the week to speak at a Korean missions leadership conference. Pray that the Lord will use me to ignite an even bigger fire under our dear Korean brothers and sisters concerning the massive movement of refugees coming to Europe.
3. Please pray for our Church on the Road team as they continue their follow-up with the brothers and sisters in Hanau; also as they prepare to go to Karlsruhe. We are expecting our Father to do incredible things there.
4. Please continue to pray for our brother, Amir as he continues to need a place to live. He has only three weeks to find a place which is a short time in Frankfurt for finding and moving into an apartment. Thank the Lord with us as Brad has agreed to stay on and will be rooming with Amir.
5. Pray for the city of Frankfurt with us. This week will be unusual as we will join 70,000 of our fellow Frankfurters in evacuating a part of the city where we live, due to the discovery of an unexploded bomb. This bomb that was dropped during World War II was discovered under a construction site. Pray that no one will be hurt and that the experts will be able to dispose of this weapon without incident. Thank you!
Prayer Requests for Week 8/26
1. Please pray with us this week for the Hazara people. They are Shi'ites in a country that is almost exclusively Sunni Muslim. They are being targeted for genocide by the greater radicalized community. This may be an incredible time in the life of this people group as they consider the claims of Islam and the destruction sought by others for them. We have a whole group of Hazara here who are on fire for Jesus. They grieve for their people.
2. Please pray for Amir, Brad and Ghulam as they return to Hanau to disciple the new leaders there. Pray that they will be filled with a passion for Jesus, his purposes and his Church. Pray for their protection as well as there is certain to be persecution.
3. Please pray for me this week as I meet with the German tax accountant. Pray with us that we will be able to get an accountant that will understand how to ensure we are treated fairly. Pray that we will get everything we need for my appointment next week to renew our residence permits.
4. Please pray with us as we are beginning to have numerous local churches who want to join with us in what God is doing. I need your prayers for discernment. I need to hear the Lord's voice as there are some who want to control the work and others who sincerely want to contribute to the work in a positive way. I tend to trust everyone's intentions. Pray that I will make the right decisions concerning who is to join us in this work.
5. Please continue to pray for Sandy's Uncle Tom and Aunt Jackie. They are so precious to her. He received the pacemaker and is better this weekend but still needs prayer for kidney function, anemia and an infection in the bloodstream. Thank you so much for praying.
Prayer Requests for Week 8/19
1. Please continue to pray for our Church on the Road team: Amir, Abed, Ghulam and Brad. They are currently out on their first expedition. We will do a thorough debriefing when they return on Tuesday. Pray that souls will be saved, disciples will be made and that churches will be started. Seeing Church on the Road get going is exciting for all of us!
2. Please pray for Sandy’s uncle, Tom (87) who had heart surgery recently; had been home for a few weeks recovering but is suddenly back in the hospital. Please pray for normal kidney function and successful surgery if more is needed and for his medication to work well without negative side effects. Please also pray for Aunt Jackie to have strength, energy, rest and peace as she cares for Tom. Thank you!
3. Please pray with us about Amir's housing situation and his government residence permission. We are asking the Lord to provide him with a place to live where he can continue to host new disciples. We are also asking Father to provide German residence permission for him. It has been a long time in the works. We honestly believe that if Amir is sent back to Pakistan he will not live past a day. There are 180 fetwa's against his life. A "fetwa" is religious legal ruling making it legal to kill him on site.
4. Please pray for our sister, Vashti. She is struggling with culture shock. She also is searching for a good place to live. She is a young woman who feels alone and is far from home. Pray that she will endure through these difficult days and grow in her faith and character.
Prayer Requests for Week 8/12
1. Please continue to pray for our team here, which consists mostly of Afghans and Iranians now. We spend much of our time with them and love watching them grow in their faith in Christ.
Pray for Amir. He is doing a great job with and has become more or less our assistant team leader.
Pray for Vashti. Even though she still has many hurdles to overcome, she is growing in her faith.
Pray for Abed. He is an amazing evangelist and is leading muslims to faith in Christ weekly.
Pray for Gulham. He has been primarily a translator for us, but now seems ready to lead some of the churches we have started.
Pray for Brad. He is new to our team, a mature believer with a servant's heart. Already he has made praying for refugees in the camps a contagious practice.
Pray for Christine. She has a head full of knowledge; also a servants heart. Pray that she will find contentment in what Father has in store for her.
Pray for John. He is from a tribal group ion Afghanistan that is being heavily persecuted. Pray that he will be filled with joy and peace as he learns to share the hope of his salvation.
Each person on our team is amazing! Your prayers sustain us all. We see Father working because of your faithfulness to pray with/for us.
2. Pray for our "Church on the Road" team. The team of evangelists and disciplers, led by Amir and Abed, were to leave on Monday, but the clutch on our van went out this week. Pray for us as this repair will cost between $2,000 and $3,000. We are trusting the Lord for this. Check the "Stories" section of our Praelude website soon for an explanation of the "Church on the Road's" goals and methods.
3. Please continue to pray with us about both our local tax situation and our residence permits. This will be a big deal for me over the next two weeks.
4. Please continue to pray with us about a place for our team members to live. They are all refugees and so they are weary of the constant temporary living situations. Amir especially needs a place very soon. Thank you for praying.
Prayer Requests for Week 8/5
1. This will be a busy week of getting caught up as well as following up with the ones who seemed interested in Jesus last week.
a. Please pray that we will finish our follow-up plan; that every person who demonstrated a spiritual interest this week will be re-engaged by our team and will have another opportunity to hear the Good News.
b. I have an appointment this week with a German tax accountant. Please pray that we will not have to pay additional taxes; also that we will be able to get everything completed for our residence visa renewal.
2. Please join us in prayer as we move to the next step with our two newest churches in Bad Vilbel and Hanau, not far from Frankfurt. Pray that leaders will emerge and that our Iranian disciplers will take ownership of these new churches, being diligent to get them going.
3. Please join us in thanking the Lord for Sarah and Laura from the first outreach team who came a few weeks ago. They have stayed here much longer than the planned just to help us. They have really pitched in to help, operationally and logistically. They had been great. Pray for Laura as she flies home on the 9th and for Sarah as she leaves on the 14th.
4. Would you pray with us about my new friend, Mike? The Lord may be up to something in his life that could impact mine significantly. I have been asking the Lord to bring me a partner in ministry who can join us in discipleship and church planting as well as in project management. Mike is a professional IT project manager. Please pray with us as we seek the Lord's will to be done. Pray that we will hear the Lord speak as to whether he is a good fit with us. Pray also that the Lord would make it clear to Mike as to whether this is what he would have him do as the next step in his life.
5. Please pray with us for Amir this week as we continue to ask Father to provide him with his residence passport and a new place to live. I have noticed that the instability is beginning to wear on him.
Prayer Requests for Week 7/29
1. We have a very busy week with a new outreach team here from Austin Stone Church. Please pray with us as we visit refugee camps. Pray that many will hear the Good News, respond with open hearts and begin to be discipled. Please, also pray for all the individuals on the Austin Stone team. Pray that Father will transform their lives as He uses them to glorify Himself through His word and their testimonies. Pray that many will be saved this week!
2. Please pray for strength and joy for our team here this week. Our team now consists mostly of refugees who Sandy and I have been discipling over the past year. Each of them will be leading pairs from Austin Stone Church into the camps and onto the streets to do evangelism. It has been so amazing to watch each one on our team grow in their faith in Christ.
3. Please continue to pray with us for some logistical things that are coming up for us. We are going to be moving again the 1st of September. We are looking for a new home for the Upper Room. There is much to do. Sandy and I will be moving to a much smaller place so please remember us as we recalibrate ourselves to this more compact living space.
4. Our sweet daughter, Tiffany continues to need our prayers. Pray for patience for her concerning her situation and with the kids, Oliver, Oceana and Oakley. Please also pray that she will experience peace and joy very soon. She has borne the weight of raising the kids by herself for 8 years now, with Dave present, but absent. She continues to parent the kids alone now, with Dave not in the home. She also is working towards her nursing degree. She feels overwhelmed.
5. Our inaugural issue of, "More than Meets the Eye" comes out on Wednesday. Please pray for clarity of mind for me as I write my first article called, " A Ship of Fools"
Prayer Requests for Week 7/22
1. Please pray with us as we follow-up on a lot of Gospel-centered conversations from this week. Pray that we are able to connect with all who desire to continue to learn of the Good News. We are all tired after such a full week of outreach with a team here. Please pray that we balance the need for rest with the need to do effective follow-up.
2. Please pray with us as we help Amir find a new apartment. Thankfully he can stay in our guest room for a bit longer. We are asking God for a two bed-room so that he can host guests for discipleship. We need it by September if possible. Please pray with us for this request.
3. Will you join Sandy and me as we continue to pray for our sweet Tiffany? She continues to face difficult obstacles in her marriage. Her situation continues to degrade with new difficulties that are being caused by her husband, especially concerning the times he spends with the children. Please pray that she will find great joy, peace and grace during this extremely painful season.
4. Please pray for Laura and Sarah. They are both from the Houston's First Baptist team who've been working with us here this week. They have decided to stay for an additional week or two to assist with follow-up and preparation for the next team who arrives on 29 July. Please pray with us that this will be an extraordinary season for them filled with purpose, meaning, joy and hope. Please pray that they will really connect with the women that they have been ministering to this past week. Pray for their living conditions and logistics.
5. Pray for Amir as he has been invited to share the Gospel with two Imams this week. Please pray with us that they will come to faith in Christ.
Prayer Requests for Week 7/15
1. We have a HUGE prayer request this week! Something that we never could have anticipate