"I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession." Psalm 2:7-8 Join with us in 2020, as we together, ask the Lord to make the nations our inheritance for his glory.
We pray for you, that Father will be a hedge of protection around you and will be your vanguard, your rear guard and protection for your flanks. Be blessed dear brothers and sisters.
"Is. 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
[Sandy and I would love to hear from you. For those of you who are Praelude 2020 partners, at the bottom of your Praelude 20/20 email or text there is a response button. Just press that button to share with us how you are doing and how we can pray for you.. Also, please remember to press the URL on your Smartphone or the URL at the bottom of your email message. This lets us know that you indeed are praying with us.]
"I must awake to my dangerous state, and never be at rest till I have made my peace with God. My heart is so hard, my blindness so great, that I cannot get a due hatred of sin, though I see I am all corrupt, and blinded to the perception of spiritual things." Wilberforce
My verse for 2020... John 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”
"Does praise seem too small a reason to have been born?" Calvin Miller
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” ― C.S. Lewis
Prayer Requests for Week 2/22
1. Please join us in prayer for what Father is doing in the life of Emmanuel. Pray specifically for reconciliation between him and his wife. Pray that together, they will recommit their lives to Christ and to his purposes.
2. Pray with us for Amir and Ella as they are being hit extremely hard with the emotional reality of the pain and suffering among the people they are serving. They are joining in on so much hurt and sorrow every single day that it is wearing on them deeply. I will see them soon and hope to minister to them. Pray that Father will guard their hearts and their minds in Christ.
3. Please pray with us for the Arain Muslim peoples in Pakistan. There are about 11.2 million of them with no Gospel witness. Pray that the Lord of the Harvest will send out laborers for this unengaged people group with no known believers among them.
4. Will you thank the Lord with us for all the ways he has provided for us as we have re-located our base of ministry to Greenville, SC. We are moved into our new house almost completely. We have been able to see Tiffany and the grandkids a lot. They are so thankful we are here as are we. Thank the Lord with us!
5. Will you pray with Sandy and me as we weigh the most strategic things that Father has appointed for us? Pray that we will listen closely, abide in Him to hear His voice and then walk in radical immediate obedience.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/15
1. I will meet with Emmanuel again this week. Pray for continued favor with him and that Father will allow me to really minister to him during this season of his life. Pray that Emmanuel will be reunited with his wife soon.
2. Please pray with me for the Shaikh people of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. They number close to 200 million with little to no Gospel witness among them. Pray that the Lord will raise up champions for this people group as they, as an entire people, live in complete darkness.
3. Please pray with us for my brother-in-law, J. He's in his 60's and has just lost his job this week. Pray that he will turn to the Lord and trust Him for another job and that he will not get discouraged. Pray that he finds a new job soon.
4. Please pray for Amir and Ella this week as they continue to serve the Lord among the refugees in Lesbos, Greece. Pray that they will have supernatural strength and wisdom as they are in the camps day in and day out. Pray that Father will protect them from those who seek to do hateful things to them. Some have recognized Amir now as the "apostate Imam" who betrayed their religion.
5. Please continue to pray for Sandy's mother and mine, as this is the second week that we are away from them. So far they seem to be doing well, but we need your prayers that they will live healthy and worthwhile lives.
Prayer Requests for Week 2/8
1. Please pray for our Church on the Road team as they continue to regroup since they were attacked last week. It has shaken them up, but the Lord is creating beautiful reconciliation and forgiveness in the midst of the situation. Pray for people because God often uses these kinds of events to soften people's hearts to the truth and the grace of the Gospel.
2. Please pray for Manar and his COTR team in Strasburg France. They have seen many Muslims come to faith in Jesus over the past few months and the weight of responsibility of discipling and leading all these people has been heavy. Please pray that Manar will walk mightily in the Spirit of God and that the Lord will bring others alongside him to support him.
3. Please pray for my breakfast meeting on Tuesday with a man named, Elijah Emmanuel. Pray that Father will knit our hearts together and that Emanuel will discover the purpose for which he was created. Praelude partners: see answers to prayers this week to read about him. I love discipling young men. This will be an answer to my hearts desire if it becomes so.
4. Please pray for Sandy and me this week as we get more unpacked and settled in Greenville. Pray that both of us will get back into our writing and that we will minister to others well.
5. Please pray for Ella as she has been sick all week in Greece. Pray for her complete healing and for encouragement for both her and Amir.